AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully I got this in the right area?

Mitsubishi RPTV 55", I think that is the size as I remember it.

The Screen starts out bowed in in the sides until it has been running a couple of hours. Just started a little over a week ago.

Is there any easy to service parts?

If professional repair is needed can anyone point to a authorized service center for Hillsborough are of Central NJ? I tried searching the Net last night and never found a listing of authorized repair centers. Dang this is to big to toss in the back seat and take in so it needs to be in home repair from someone that won't have to charge a fortune in travel time.

Many Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
72 Posts
sounds like convergance drive ic's have cracked solder connections. If thats all then a quick resolder should take care of it if not then they'll have to be replaced. Should be an easy in-home repair either way about 1-hr work (or less)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, I don't suppose there is anyway for the average person to get at those. We do have someone that is skilled in soldering delicate electronics and another person that works on laptops, quite often total disassembly, resolder the broken power connections, re-assemble and working.

Either one is avialable to do this sort of repair. Stragely enough right now it has started working properly again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.