Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

RANT ON:

I am the owner of a WD65100 DLP that has clocked approximately 120 good hours in over 9 months.(about 5 days) The balance of the time the set has been waiting for parts, or waiting for parts or waiting for parts etc.

After the offer of a 4th light box replacement, I lost patience, and asked them to replace the TV. The service company stated that all Mits was sending them was referb parts & they did not trust the new light boxes.

Mits famous customer service promised calls back several times, then of course did not bother to call. The service company could not get them to listen either.

I called the dealer. They said that they would call the Mits sales rep, & force the CSR to comply. They would call me back. Of course, they did not.

I asked for my rights under California Consumer Protection laws and simply stated that I want a TV that works. (we are talking about a TV that retails for over $17,000). The dealer than asked for 24 hours and said that Mits would have a satisfactory solution.

Of course, they did not call back, I had to call & hunt them down. When I finally got a hold of a CS rep, he acted like he was doing me the tremendous favor of offering to repair my set (this would be the 8th repair visit) in a few weeks!

So let me see, Expensive TV, works for a total of about 5 days (not in a row) out of 9 months, they try 7 repairs 3 light boxes, and can not get it to work. I have the world's most expensive paperweight.

So now it's up to the Attorney. I have had enough. Ill keep you posted.

RANT OFF

Thank You,

Joe

·
Coyote Waits
27,302 Posts
There is another thread here were the same kind of stuff went on. He eventually got a new set. At least, in his case the new set seemed to be working.

You might want to do a search and see if you can find out who he delt with at Mitsubishi.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,

Thank You,

I'll give it a try :(

Bye,

Joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.