AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope someone can help me with two questions with a Mitsubishi SR-HD400 receiver:

1) On a 16:9 screen can you change the color of the Side Bars from Grey to Black when watching a 4:3 show thats not a HDTV channel?

2) When I am going up and down on the channels, I have to go through channels that I am not subscribed or don't receive. Is there a way to remove them so I just skip them when surfing up and down?

Thanks in advance.

Bryan

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Bschneider,

I haven't played with changing the color of the sidebars but to help with the un-subscribed channels in your channel list - that's easy. Get into the installation setup then into the channel selection. You have 6 groups for channels available. All Channels, Family Channels, Favorite A,B,C,D. You can only modify Favorite A-D. You will see all (or almost all) channels "checked". You have to uncheck the channels that you don't want to show up in your program guide and channel surfing mode. I forget the button that you select to scroll through the 6 channel groupings but you will see at the top of the screen All Channels, Family Channels, Fav A, Fav B, Fav C, Fav D. It take some time to customize you guide to your taste but once you set it up things get better for channel surfing. If you lose power you will have to go back and redo some of the channel selections again. Also, DirecTV has a habit of turnning off some channels in the 700-799 range and these can show up in the channel guide again. This use to be a real PITA back a few months ago but DirecTV cut back the frequency of this. Also there has been rumors of a s/w update for the Mits box due RSN. Don't hold your breath.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
I dont think black bars is an option.

And in addition to what Ken said, another feauture you might want to use is TurboTune. Where you can quickly pull up a screen that will take you to 1 of 9 channels you have programed, real quick.

I like that one because I only use the box for about 9 total channels anyway, including local digital!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.