AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The H and V connectors would be for synching if you were using a STB with RGB output. If you're not, they go unused. If I remember correctly to get Y Pb Pr to show in the setup menu you may have to plug the STB in first to those connectors then unplug the TV for a minute. That issue came up alot when those sets were new..but thats been awhile. I know everything can work as I said though because I have the 55805 and thats how it's set up.

------------------

Dan

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a Mitsubishi WT-46805 TV and am interested in getting the SR-HD500. I'm already using the component video inputs on the TV for my DVD Player. Does anyone know if I will need the RGB-CV10 converter? Mitsubishi's website doesn't list my TV as one of the models the RGB-CV10 was designed for, but the TV uses RGB inputs for HDTV receivers so I would think that I would need a converter for component video???

Thanks

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Theres 2 sets of component inputs on that set. One handles 480i/480p and the other is for HD. If you have the DVD player hooked into the one for HD just use the other set. That will free up the HD input for a STB. Yes, the HD input can be set to RGB if you needed it to, but it can also be set up for Y Pb Pr in the setup menu.

------------------

Dan

·
Registered
4 Posts
So I could hookup the SR-HD500 to the HDTV Video input? What about the H and V connections? Not needed? What are those connections for?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Also, I checked the setup menu...the only options it gave me for the DTV input was RGB or off. Do I need to have something plugged in before it will give me the Y Pb Pr option?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.