AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 2009 Mitsubish WD-65C9. It is 3D ready. I've read through the forums but I'm a bit confused.

First of all, I've been looking for something in the manual stating that it has DLP-Link. I can't seem to find anything. Does this TV have this technology? I'm going to attempt to hook up my laptop which has nvidia 3d vision, though not sure if this will work. Otherwise, 3D blu-ray player, PS3, and 3D cable channels may be in my future.

So my question is, what do I need specifically for my television to make it 3D?

1) Do I need the Mitsubishi adapter 3DA-1?

2) What glasses do I need?

3) Do the xpand 102 glasses work with this television? If so, do I need the mitsubishi adapter?

4) What seems to be the best brand and price for glasses?

I'd prefer not to get the Mitsubishi starter pack ($400). I've read that xpand 102 and optomos have been used for this television.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
Welcome to the forum! My comments in red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xspartanzx /forum/post/19578600

I currently have a 2009 Mitsubish WD-65C9. It is 3D ready. I've read through the forums but I'm a bit confused.

First of all, I've been looking for something in the manual stating that it has DLP-Link. I can't seem to find anything. Does this TV have this technology? Yes, it has DLP-Link I'm going to attempt to hook up my laptop which has nvidia 3d vision, though not sure if this will work. Otherwise, 3D blu-ray player, PS3, and 3D cable channels may be in my future.

So my question is, what do I need specifically for my television to make it 3D?

1) Do I need the Mitsubishi adapter 3DA-1? Yes, or the complete Starter Pack, which also comes with an emitter and glasses, neither of which you will need if you will be using DLP-Link glasses.

2) What glasses do I need? The glasses in the starter kit, mentioned above or DLP-Link glasses.

3) Do the xpand 102 glasses work with this television? Yes. If so, do I need the mitsubishi adapter? Yes. In all cases you need the adapter, except for certain Panasonic 3D Bluray players, which can output in checkerboard format.

4) What seems to be the best brand and price for glasses? That's a matter of opinion. There have been all kinds of reports either way with all brands.

I'd prefer not to get the Mitsubishi starter pack ($400). I've read that xpand 102 and optomos have been used for this television. Yes and others, search the threads for DLP-Link.

Thanks in advance You're welcome

1 - 2 of 2 Posts