AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I am really reaching here but. What are the reasons if any that the 2003 Mitsubishi Diamond Series TV's are not upgradable to "Digital Cable Ready" I was looking through the manual and I remmeber seing the card slot that is used for upgrades, I also remembered the the Diamond Series is already QAM compatible.

I think that there may be possiblity in the future for mitsubishi to send a tech out and upgrade these TV's to "Digital Cable Ready".

Is it possible to use the same upgrade card slot as a POD card for a digital cable system?

I don't know enough about the new "Plug N Play" standard to tell if this is impossible.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kipp

With the new aggrement, do you think that more digital cable channels will be unscrabled, and we will only need the STB to tune in Premium channels?

It would be nice to use the built in HD tunner in my ws55711 to record HD cable.

·
Registered
13,648 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by bdraw
Kipp

With the new aggrement, do you think that more digital cable channels will be unscrabled, and we will only need the STB to tune in Premium channels?

It would be nice to use the built in HD tunner in my ws55711 to record HD cable.
Quite the opposite! With POD, you no longer need the STB to decode the premium channels. It will be certain almost all the digital channels will be scrambled and your Cable Co decides what channels you can see by controlling you POD through cable lines.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by kippjones
No, they do not and will not be offering this type of upgrade. The memory card slot is a flash card slot where the POD card slot is for a card similar to what satellite uses. No compatibility there. Mits will be offering the POD on their 2004-2005 line.

I have the Mits. WS55511 with the memory card slot, anybody give me detail information on what this will be used for in the future? Or maybee give me link so I can read up on this option.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.