AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to an inside source at Tweeter and the Mits rep this weekend. The Mits rep disclosed that their promise upgrade module will be released soon after all the copy standards are set in stone. The way they are going to incorporate the module into existing sets is by sending a service tech out to your home and the tech will open up the set and solder in the upgrade connection (ie:firewire) making the set compatable with the new protection standard. There was no set price yet. The upgrade module would also offer a digital tuner if desired to make the set fully intergrated.

I would hope the other manufacts. follow the way of Mits so no one has their sets be obsolete.

------------------

Kipp

IS THAT A REMOTE CONTROL IN YOUR POCKET OR ARE YOU JUST HAPPY TO SEE HDTV?

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
As a (so far) happy Zenith IQB64W10W HSTV owner, I certainly hope Zenith will match Mitsubishi's commitment to preventing obsolescence.

Zenith already sent out a service tech to fix a design problem with my set earlier this year under warranty. I would certainly be happy to pay them to make my set compatible with DVI/4C/MOUSE via the same method, if that's the only way I can avoid getting left out of the loop on access to encrypted programming. I guess I'd have to replace my DTC100 for access to DirecTV eventually, too.

------------------

HiDefDave

[This message has been edited by David McRoy (edited 07-30-2001).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.