AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just puchased a mitsubishi vs 1202 from a night club. i'm trying to figure out how to get the front lens off to clean the inside since theres alot of tobacco build up in there. also when i was trying to figure it out myself i accidently leaked a little bit of the fluid in there out is there any way to refill that. any help or leads would be greatly appeciated.

·
Registered
18,501 Posts
This one is a ***** to do. There is no easy way, the entire projector has to come apart. I got one out of a bar as well yearws ago, in fact it's still in my basement...

every 6 months we were in the place, taking it down, into the shop, blowing the crap out of it. Luckily I didn't sell it to the place, so I didn't feel bad when I charged them $300.00 for each time...

The problem is, there is a small air gap between the lenses and the tubes, and the nicotine gets in there. Like you say, it hazes out the tubes.

Just proceed slowly to remove the lenses from the tubes. You've already removed the wrong screw if liquid leaked out. It's been years since I did it, so I can't give you any better instructions, sorry!

Also note that you'll never get the convergence right on this one; one corner is always out and when you correct it, andother corner will be off.

Curt

·
Registered
9,494 Posts
roosrooster,

Forgive me for this hijack of your thread. I think if you search the forum you may be able to find out what the fluid is and maybe even replace it if nothing broke in the process but I don't have that information yet.

Curt,

What type of tubes does this projector use? Do you want to sell the tubes out of the one you have in the basement if they are passable?

Thanks and Good Luck,

Brian

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
I am assuming that the fluid you are referring to is Ethylene Glycol coolant fluid. I hope you didn't leak any onto the electronics of the projector. It will leave behind a residue that will conduct electricity. Use whatever methodes you can to clean up

100% of the spill before you plug it back in. How much did you loose. I have some If that's what you need.

Chip S.

·
Registered
18,501 Posts
My tubes work, but they are weak, which is why we finally pulled the set out of the bar.

$200.00 USD plus shipping gets you the whole set.

Curt

·
Registered
9,494 Posts
Hi,

Curt,

So would I be correct to say these tubes are not common to other projectors and they are not available new through any of the usual sources? In other words, these mitsu fellas aren't using tubes that are common to other projectors.

I have been offered a Mitsubishi 1250 with tired tubes. I haven't seen them yet but I guess I'll have to see who had the least tired tubes.

YOur Pal,

Brian

·
Registered
18,501 Posts
Mine are pretty ugly, I'd pass on them. No idea if VDC rebuilds these, but it might be worth a shot. At $500.00 each though, I'd get a different unit.

Curt

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alright i was able to figure out how to get into there to get the inside cleaned there was four screws on the sides one which was red that i removed and was able to pull just the front lens off. but i still need to know how to refill the glycerine liquid inside. any help?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.