Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I have recently taken the plunge into the world of CRT projectors and have just aquired a spottless Mitsubishi VS-1281. I had researched different projectors and had my mind set on an Electrohome 8500 or simular but the Mitsu came along at a price I felt I could not pass up. I have had the lenses off this unit and the CRT's show absolutly no burn whatsoever. I am currently running the projector through a HTPC @ 720p on an 8' screen and the picture quality just blew me away!! The only issue I am having with the projector is if I unplug the projector for more than a few hours it loses all my custom video and convergence settings. I am assuming there must be a battery in the unit but I have been unable to find it. I am also looking for a remote to control this unit, i am currently using a Philips Pronto but would also like to have a remote. This must be a pretty rare unit as I have been unable to find much info on the web. Any info or feedback would be a big help.

Thanks

Jeff

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
"This must be a pretty rare unit as I have been unable to find much info on the web."

Yes it is. There are only a couple of folks here that have one. I have one but am not using it as it still needs a green tube to be perfect.

I also use a pronto because there are no remotes available, mits has none left and of course it is discontinued.

They do throw a great picture. Just cross your fingers it doesn't break as you won't find much help or info.

I don't know where the battery is. One person on here has a service manual though, maybe he'll chime in.

Troy

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Too bad I can't insert a wav file in a post. Crickets chirping...

Troy

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'll get ahold of Drew tonight and ask him, he's got two including one on the ceiling.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.