AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a WD-52525, I'm on my 3rd bulb within the last one being put in about 1 1/2/2 years ago. The picture is so dull and dark, can the bulb really be shot again? or is something bigger than that. I can't tell you how bad the picture is.. it's terrible to say the least!

I pretty sure I need another bulb, but I'm just annoyed that I need to do it again.

What's the best aftermarket bulb?

thanks

Pete

·
Registered
533 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripsid /forum/post/19627194

I have a WD-52525, I'm on my 3rd bulb within the last one being put in about 1 1/2/2 years ago. The picture is so dull and dark, can the bulb really be shot again? or is something bigger than that. I can't tell you how bad the picture is.. it's terrible to say the least!

I pretty sure I need another bulb, but I'm just annoyed that I need to do it again.

What's the best aftermarket bulb?

thanks

Pete

Always go Philips. I would not use anything else.

·
Registered
316 Posts
+1 Servicetech571

That is absolutely correct. I own a WD-52825 and live in a dusty environment (gravel road). I pull the screen and clean the mirrors twice a year. For a set that has never been cleaned, you will be amazed at the amount of dust on the lower mirror. Carefully clean the both mirrors as well as the lens on the light engine. Do not clean the back of your screen with anything except a swiffer type duster. After a good cleaning your set should look many times clearer and brighter. Good luck and take your time!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, yeah I had the tv cleaned about a year or so ago right after they replaced my chassis and right before I had the 3rd bulb put in. Hopefully that's not it, but I'll have to try to figure out how to clean them up. (is there any cleaning instructions?)

thanks

-P

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.