AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mitsubishi WD-57731 infrared(remote) function is not working, I've tried the Dish Network remote and the WD-57731(Week 25, Year 2006) TV remote and I even put new AA batteries into the 57731 TVs remote and I can only turn the TV on and off or raise and lower the volume at the TV, The remotes work, I think the TVs infrared function is dead as It did this once before and then came back, But so far not this time, I even tried resetting the TV, No luck.

The Closest repair place is Russells VCR & TV Repair in Barstow CA(Not authorized last I looked by Mits, But the TV is not under their stupid warranty, I just hope He can order the parts needed), Most authorized Mitsubishi repair places want Me to bring the 57" TV to them as their about 38 to 50 miles away and for Me that's impossible as It requires a van and I don't have that and My Car sure won't hold such a big TV, Don't places come out to do service on Big TVs?

I almost feel like tossing the remote at the TV.......

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
did you reset the remote?

I believe it is: press and hold power button until it blinks 2x then enter 00935

if for some reason the IR sensor is not working (although since it does some functions I dont think it is any problem with the TV) you can replace the sensor quite easily and I think they are a common electronic part.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.