AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
EDIT: Well I guess I can't edit my title, but the I'm getting the tv for $475, NOT $575 as mentioned in the title.


A few quick questions about the Mitsubishi DLP WD 57734:




I can buy the TV right now for $475 + tax. It is a display model in the store.


Is this a great deal?

Is this a great TV set?


How often does the bulb need replacement? How much can I buy the bulb for online (cheapest place I'm guessing is onine)? Can I install it myself.



EDIT: I forgot to mention that my friend got the same TV (display model also) for $475 last night, except his was one step above and was the Diamond Series.


I am going from an old RCA projector to a new TV. This Mitsubishi seems like a steal so I'm considering this to be the new 2nd tv, and the new primary TV will be bought in a month or so. The new primary tv will most likely (based on the research i've done, I see no reason NOT to go DLP) be a Samsung 61'' or 67'' DLP.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hmann2 /forum/post/15448282


EDIT: Well I guess I can't edit my title, but the I'm getting the tv for $475, NOT $575 as mentioned in the title.


A few quick questions about the Mitsubishi DLP WD 57734:




I can buy the TV right now for $475 + tax. It is a display model in the store.


Is this a great deal?

Is this a great TV set?


How often does the bulb need replacement? How much can I buy the bulb for online (cheapest place I'm guessing is onine)? Can I install it myself.



EDIT: I forgot to mention that my friend got the same TV (display model also) for $475 last night, except his was one step above and was the Diamond Series.


I am going from an old RCA projector to a new TV. This Mitsubishi seems like a steal so I'm considering this to be the new 2nd tv, and the new primary TV will be bought in a month or so. The new primary tv will most likely (based on the research i've done, I see no reason NOT to go DLP) be a Samsung 61'' or 67'' DLP.

No brainer....get it before it's gone. Check the hours on the lamp by pressing menu, then 2470 on the remote. On the lower left corner of the screen will show lamps hours. My firend bought the 65734 for 3 times what you will pay and he got a great deal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^ thanks, I did pick up the TV. Is there an official thread for this model television?


What do I need to know about this TV?

I know nothing about calibration. Do I need to get this TV calibrated? Can I do it myself?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What do I need to do to begin setting up my picture from the default/store settings? Also, I just put on my xbox 360, and what is the max resolution it can put out? It showed 480p, I'm sure it can go higher than that, right? Also, should I use HDMI to connect my 360 or just the component cables?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hmann2 /forum/post/15449845


^ thanks, I did pick up the TV. Is there an official thread for this model television?


What do I need to know about this TV?

I know nothing about calibration. Do I need to get this TV calibrated? Can I do it myself?


Just knock the brightness on all settings to somewhere in the mid-low thirties (from the default 63) color temp from default high to low, color from 31 to twenty seven, perfect color red to 27 and green to 16, perfect tint magenta to 60 and turn off deep field imager..... see what you think.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hmann2 /forum/post/15460657


Is there an official thread on this?


Yes, ( Official Mitsubishi WD-XX734 Owner's Thread) however, the specs listed are my personal preferences without making service menu adjustments.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck007 /forum/post/15448693


No brainer....get it before it's gone. Check the hours on the lamp by pressing menu, then 2470 on the remote. On the lower left corner of the screen will show lamps hours. My firend bought the 65734 for 3 times what you will pay and he got a great deal.

It says 00119, what does that mean?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hmann2 /forum/post/15493660


^ That doesn't sound too bad for a display model? How many hours do the lamps usually last?

My current lamp has approx. 4000 hours on it and picture quality is excellent so you should be in pretty good shape for a while.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
^ Thanks. Does anybody know if the button-combination to check bulb hours is the same for most mitsubishis? My friend bought a similar TV (diamon series) and his hours say 8,XXX. Is that right? 8,000+ hours? He bought a display model, should he go return it and ask that they replace the bulb?
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top