AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the WD-62525 TV. I recently got the Sony BDP-S350 Blu-Ray player. Hooked this player up to my TV via HDMI and I get no picture. I hook it up using component or composit and it works fine. If I hook the blu-ray to my other TV it works perfect via HDMI. If I hook my Toshiba HD-A2 to my MItsubishi via HDMI it works fine. The only thing not working is the Blu-Ray on my Mitsubishi via HDMI. Any thoughts on how to get this to work?? I'm getting frustrated. I already updated firmware on my Blu-Ray. No help.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I talked to Mitsubishi tech support and they blame Sony. I talked to Sony Tech Support, and they blame Mitsubishi...

If the 2 devices just are not compatible can I get an AV reciever with HDMI inputs. Then hook the blu-Ray to that, and hook the Reciever to the TV via HDMI. Would that gain me anything at all??

·
Registered
5,001 Posts
I have only seen a few cases like this, mostly on JVC Tv's, just once on Mits. Some Tv brands are good about offering firmware updates but not Mits. There's usually nothing to do but try another brand source device, but inserting an AVR is a good idea that should work.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did change the output of the S350 to 1080i and turned off all the advanced color things etc. and no go. I think I will just try the new AVR and go that route. It sounds like it will be my only option. But now my bulb died. And I guess BestBuy won't replace it even though the bulb is only a little over 3 months old. Not sure what the warranty is on that bulb. Prolly only 90 days. I thought it was a year for some reason.

·
Registered
5,001 Posts
Have you pulled the lamp and seen that it's blown? Three months is not very likely. With that model, it's more likely you have some bad capacitors on the powersupply and probably other boards in the chasis. Most likely need to have the entire chasis "rebuilt". Have them come out.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, it does support HDCP.

I pulled the bulb, and the bulb looks ok, but then I'm not sure what they typically look like. I did notice that I used the reset button, the bulb came on and flashed a bunch of times like something digitally was bad... but now I get the red bulb light.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.