AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Mitsubishi WD-62525. I am curious if anyone can tell me how much picture quality difference there is between the TV I have and the New WD-65837? Other than 1080P and the extra 3 inches. Is there a substantial picture quality or not really??

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually the chassis failed last year. repair shop wanted $800. I found how to repair it myself. Cost me $15 plus my time.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjohnston7 /forum/post/15480490

I have the Mitsubishi WD-62525. I am curious if anyone can tell me how much picture quality difference there is between the TV I have and the New WD-65837? Other than 1080P and the extra 3 inches. Is there a substantial picture quality or not really??

The picture quality difference is amazing. I have the 62725 and really want to update, but can't quite convince the wife yet. But it's a night and day difference. The colors are more accuate and blacks are actually black instead of a smoke gray.

As soon as I can justify it, I will upgrade.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servicetech571 /forum/post/17751157

Have you cleaned the mirrors in your set? That alone will make a HUGE differnce in black levels as well as overall quality.

Oh yes, I clean those at least every 6 mo. That isn't going to help black levels, though. It mainly helps white level and picture clarity.

·
Registered
201 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholc2 /forum/post/17757380

Oh yes, I clean those at least every 6 mo. That isn't going to help black levels, though. It mainly helps white level and picture clarity.

I completly dissagree. Reflected light from the dust will show up in the black areas of the picture and if light is reflecting then so is detail.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjb220 /forum/post/17762623

I completly dissagree. Reflected light from the dust will show up in the black areas of the picture and if light is reflecting then so is detail.

He said "black level", not "black detail". It may affect black details, but it won't affect the black level.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
The light reflected from the bright areas of the image "bleeds over" into the black parts. I've cleaned some of these that have NEVER been done and it looks like a whole new TV.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts