AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have the Mitsubishi WD-62628 DLP TV that has 2 tuners, and there are 2 antenna inputs. Both tuners use the Antenna-1 input to receive over-the-air TV (we don't have cable or satellite). Antenna-2 is not used. The primary tuner is used for "normal" TV reception and it processes digital and analog signals. The other tuner is used solely for the PIP. But the PIP tuner only processes analog signals. Since the digital transition, the primary tuner has continued to work just fine for over-the-air TV reception, but the PIP has been useless, because there is no more over-the-air analog transmission.

There is no direct access to the PIP tuner from the rear of the TV. The signal coming in through Antenna-1 is evidently split to the two tuners somehow once it gets inside the case.

I thought I might be able to use Antenna-2 and put a digital-analog convert box on it. But... the manual states: "If ANT-1 or ANT-2 is the main picture, ANT-2 is not available as a PIP, POP, or side-by-side image."

I have spoken with Mitsubishi about getting some sort of modification or upgrade so the PIP tuner will receive digital TV signals, but they state it is not something that they will do because it would require a hardware modification.

Has anyone successfully configured the PIP tuner to work with over-the-air digital TV signals?

Does anyone know how to do a conversion of the digital signal back to analog JUST for the PIP tuner, so the PIP can still function?

We REALLY miss the PIP.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asapReps /forum/post/16960250

We have the Mitsubishi WD-62628 DLP TV that has 2 tuners, and there are 2 antenna inputs. Both tuners use the Antenna-1 input to receive over-the-air TV (we don't have cable or satellite). Antenna-2 is not used....

I thought I might be able to use Antenna-2 and put a digital-analog convert box on it. But... the manual states: "If ANT-1 or ANT-2 is the main picture, ANT-2 is not available as a PIP, POP, or side-by-side image."...

You should be able to hook up anything you want to ANT-2. But, I don't get what you are saying. You miss using PIP but you have nothing hooked up to ANT-2?

PS: I always have problems with the Mitsubishi input/tuner setup procedure. Very confusing to say the least.

·
Registered
5,799 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asapReps /forum/post/16960250

We have the Mitsubishi WD-62628 DLP TV that has 2 tuners, and there are 2 antenna inputs. Both tuners use the Antenna-1 input to receive over-the-air TV (we don't have cable or satellite). Antenna-2 is not used. The primary tuner is used for "normal" TV reception and it processes digital and analog signals. The other tuner is used solely for the PIP. But the PIP tuner only processes analog signals. Since the digital transition, the primary tuner has continued to work just fine for over-the-air TV reception, but the PIP has been useless, because there is no more over-the-air analog transmission.

There is no direct access to the PIP tuner from the rear of the TV. The signal is evidently split to the two tuners somehow once it gets inside the case.

I thought I might be able to use Antenna-2 and put a digital-analog convert box on it. But... the manual states: "If ANT-1 or ANT-2 is the main picture, ANT-2 is not available as a PIP, POP, or side-by-side image."

I have spoken with Mitsubishi about getting some sort of modification or upgrade so the PIP tuner will receive digital TV signals, but they state it is not something that they will do because it would require a hardware modification.

Has anyone successfully configured the PIP tuner to work with over-the-air digital TV signals?

Does anyone know how to do a conversion of the digital signal back to analog JUST for the PIP tuner, so the PIP can still function?

We REALLY miss the PIP.

Get an OTA digital set top box, and connect it to one of the available inputs on your DLP (after making sure that the input you choose can be used for PIP). When you're watching ANT 1, you will then have the capability of using the input you connect the set top box to for PIP (just remember to set up Netcommand to that the TV's remote can be used to change the PIP channels on the set top box).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

You should be able to hook up anything you want to ANT-2. But, I don't get what you are saying. You miss using PIP but you have nothing hooked up to ANT-2?

As I stated in the initial submission: I thought I might be able to use Antenna-2 and put a digital-analog convert box on it. But... the manual states: "If ANT-1 or ANT-2 is the main picture, ANT-2 is not available as a PIP, POP, or side-by-side image."

Both tuners are processed by ANT-1. We "miss" the PIP, because it was available as an analog signal, and now it is unavailable.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same TV and set up the primary tuner as ANT1 hooked to my attic antenna. With a splitter or rabbit ears, hook up a Digital TV converter box to ANT2 on the back of the TV. The output of the Digital TV converter box is analog, just like the second tuner is looking for. Turn on the Digital TV converter box and program to use channel 3. Set up ANT2 as a TV source device per the manual. In setup, search for channels on ANT2 and, if the converter box is on and hooked up, it should find the converter on channel 3.

Once both ANT1 and ANT2 are set up and working, then start PIP using the remote, and push the PIP Source button to change it to look to ANT2. Using the TV remote for PIP change the channel in PIP to channel 3.

For ANT 2, use the converter box remote to change channels.

For ANT1, use your TV remote to change channels as before.

It works for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts