AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone own one of these? I'm considering buying a DLP but can't find anyone local that has one that I can actually view. The only store around here is BB. They advertise it on their website but they aren't in the store.

Every review I've read about them says the picture is great. One of my concerns is viewing angle. Are they like a CRT or do you lose the picture if you are sitting at an angle? I really hate buying a big ticket item without actually seeing it but I can't find a place within driving distance to actually watch one so I'm going to have to make a decision on what I can learn from the internet.

I'm not concerned with PM's or changing lamps. I spent over 20 years as a field engineer on page and check processing equipment so it's no big thing for me.

We're coming from a 37" CRT that's about 12 years old. I would be thrilled with the 82" the wife is getting nervous about even getting a 46" panel. I guess I'll see how good my negotiating skills are with her. Maybe I can talk her into the 73 but for now I'm researching the 65. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Bill

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Try the Rent-a-Center in Wyoming, Edwardsville, Kingston, Wilkes-Barre, Scranton, etc (Says Mits website "Retail locator")

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I won't rent from RAC. I just want to physically see the PQ and viewing angle of the set. If the set works for me I'll find the best deal I can on the internet and have it delivered. I just won't spend that kind of money on a product I've never seen before.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.