AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Mits WD-73838 that's about 10 years old. The picture has gotten noticeably dimmer so I know I need a new lamp (already ordered), but I'm also seeing a different(?) problem; over the last couple of weeks, the set has spontaneously developed a massive overscan issue, it's like the picture is zoomed in 25-30% so elements that should be near the edges of the picture are almost completely cut off.

Is there any chance this is another manifestation of the dying lamp? I couldn't find anything that mentioned this as a symptom of the lamp going out. (and before anyone asks, yes, I'm certain the picture format settings on the tv and source devices are correct).

Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
No chance the lamp would affect this. The projected image size is determined by the optical path. What's displayed within that image is determined electronically. It sounds like the pic is being zoomed, but you say you've made sure this is correct. What do you get when you cycle through the different pic size options? Have you done a reset on it (unplug it from the wall a good 15 minutes)?

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
Also check your cable or satellite box settings for its zoom/aspect ratio setting. Wives, guests, and kids are notorious for pushing the wrong buttons on remotes.

It doesn't matter how certain you are. Check those settings.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts