AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We purchased the Mitsubishi WD-73838 (73 inch screen). The height is 43.6 inches. Our built-in cabinet is 43 inches. We were told that the bottom stand of this TV can be removed so that it will fit nicely insid our cabinet. We would truly appreciate it if someone could provide us with detailed instructions on how to remove the stand. Thank you.

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
With a RP DLP TV the projection light engine is contained within the stand so IMHO it can not be removed. With LCD and Plasma TVs the stand can be removed so that the units can be wall mounted. I saw no information in the user's guide for your TV to indicate that the stand could be removed. I believe your salesperson gave you incorrect information.

·
Registered
22,650 Posts
FWIW:

Dimensions

•TV with stand: 65.2 x 43.6 x 17.9 inches (WxHxD); 96.1 pounds

•What size TV should you get?

What's in the Box

Mitsubishi 838 Series 3D DLP HDTV, remote control (with batteries), removable stand , owner's manual

Best bet is to contact Mits support for confirmation and instructions.

·
Registered
16,749 Posts

·
Registered
22,650 Posts
Perhaps you're right... but as I suggested, best bet is to contact Mits support to confirm.

I'm only going by the dimensions I provided:

•TV with stand: 65.2 x 43.6 x 17.9 inches (WxHxD)
What's in the Box

Mitsubishi 838 Series 3D DLP HDTV, remote control (with batteries), removable stand , owner's manual

·
Registered
22,650 Posts

·
Thread Ender
5,000 Posts

·
Registered
22,650 Posts
Best bet is to contact Mits support for confirmation or return for a TV that will fit the enclosure.

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
I agree it is best to contact MIts support to find out if the infromation on the Mits Website is incorrect and the information at Amason.com and at HDTVreview is the correct information. But I am betting that the information at the Mits website is correct.

·
Registered
22,650 Posts
The only one that will be correct is Mits support. Your info nor mine is conclusive.

But... as I tell my wife, "Okay, you're probably right honey. Good night, I'm going to bed."

·
Registered
16,792 Posts
Posts once in the wrong forum and never returns.

Probably because he never changed the forums preferences to be notified of replies and never bookmarked the forum in the 1st place.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts