Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Please help me with this decision. The Philips is larger, but I thought the colors were much brighter on the Mitsubish. They only had them on a regular cable input. I watch alot of DVDs as well.. How would they compare with DVDs? I have it narrowed down to these two sets. Which would you choose if they were the exact same price?

Any input at all is appreciated :)

·
Registered
934 Posts
Here'e my quick response. Go with the Mits. Better reputation for quality. Also note that the VGA input on the Philiips says "not recommended for copmuter use". What kind of crap is that?

I just bought the WS-55411 for $2195 plus shipping. I you need a receipt to do a price match, I can scan it and email it to you. I bought it at PC Richard and Son in NJ.

-Beef

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey Beefcake did you happen to compare the 311 to the 411? Here there is a $300 difference. What is the difference between the two? Looks like the 311 is the "gold series" and the 411 is the "gold PLUS series".

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The colors on each set are quite different. The Philips looks kind of washed out... kind of dull... I have noticed this of all the Philips sets I have encountered. When they are getting an HD signal they look great, but tend to look gray on regular analog signals.

The Mits has dark blacks and bright reds. The only thing I don't like about it is that when I went to adjust the pic a bit I moticed the contrast was pumped all the way up. Isn't this bad?

Both sets are "gently used" and I can get either one for $1249 (Half off).

The Philips was made in Oct. 2002 and the Mits in July 2002. The Mits was purchased/returned... the Philips has never been purchased.

Any more opinions?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have to be at the store in 2 hours to pickup one or the other. PLEASE give me some feedback :)

I'm very new to this and all the info is overwhelming.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Well, given that scenario, I would still go with the Mits. thats an AWESOME price. I compared the 311 to the 411 and the only real difference I could see was that the picture was a touch crisper on the 411. It was at 2 different stores, so they weren't side by side.

I look at it this way, you CAN'T go wrong buying the Mits. Some people may not like Mits, but I would think more people would say bad things about the Phillips. There's a reason I was only able to find a Phillips and Best Buy and Sears. I couldn't find any Philips when I went to higher-end stores.

Good luck and report back! Make sure the set is under warranty!

-Beef

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.