AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having an intermittent problem where the TV will just turn off and then won't turn on for several minutes. Sometimes it goes for days without the problem other times it happens every hour or more frequently.

The last time it powered off, I held the Menu+Device key for 5 seconds, I got the error code 23.

I looked up the error code 23 in the service manual and it states "Loss of Horizontal Deflection"

Any suggestions on how to trouble shoot this one?

After days of searching online I haven't been able to come up with a way to diagnose this issue...any help/pointers would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
174 Posts
What level of expertise do you have working on TV's?

I ask that, not to be a smart alec, but to tell what sort of advice and how to help.

Good luck,

Jim

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I had a 657xx with the same code, eventually it will not power up at all. Decided it wasn't worth spending any time or money troubleshooting. It could be several things. There isn't a definite solution and you really need to know what to look for.

IMHO I'd be looking for a new TV.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74f100 /forum/post/20789420

What level of expertise do you have working on TV's?

I ask that, not to be a smart alec, but to tell what sort of advice and how to help.

Good luck,

Jim

Hi Jim, I'm pretty good with soldering and the like...I've replaced the bad caps in this and put a new convergence ic in it and it's been a great unit. I would love to get it reliable again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by colour /forum/post/20789646

I had a 657xx with the same code, eventually it will not power up at all. Decided it wasn't worth spending any time or money troubleshooting. It could be several things. There isn't a definite solution and you really need to know what to look for.

IMHO I'd be looking for a new TV.

Hey, I've thought about that too but I like tinkering with things, and for what I have in it I don't mind spending some time on it. If have no luck I can always get something new later.

Thanks

·
Registered
847 Posts
Welcome to AVS Eaton. You are probably better off buying a new set, but I understand your wanting to tinker with it regardless. Stupid, maybe; but first thing I would do is if you don't have it already is buy a power conditioner- back up power supply unit. Your TV might not be within normal specs, but this might solve the problem. I'm hopeful if not, that it is a power supply issue that you can easily resolve.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaton Inside /forum/post/20789776

Hi Jim, I'm pretty good with soldering and the like...I've replaced the bad caps in this and put a new convergence ic in it and it's been a great unit. I would love to get it reliable again.

Well in that case google mitsubishi code 23. I remember finding that it could be a few things....bad solders, bad pin connections or a coolant leak just couldn't find anything definite.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts