AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to access an input source for the Mitsubishis? I want to program it into a Macro on the remote, but all I can do is cycle the input. I need to select the input source directly, since I may not always know what input is selected, and therefore I can not program a set number of cycles....

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
For the Mitsubishi TVs there are two ways to look at this. First, you can get codes to go to specific video inputs, but you cannot program them into the Mitsubishi remote (at least not that I am aware of). You can get a learning remote and program these codes into that remote. Remotecentral.com has as much info on this as you might want.

But, here is a work around if you want to do it. If you press the channel up button while you are on one of the video inputs, the TV will automatically switch to antenna A. Then, it is simply a matter of adding the number of times you need to press the input button to get to the video input you want for the macro. For example, to get to video 2 you would program the macro with channel up, input (to antenna B), input (to DTV if you have that connected), input (to video 1), then input again to video 2. The exact number of times you hit input will depend not only on which video input you want to use but how your TV is set up to view your inputs. That is, how many inputs are "active" that you toggle through.

I hope this helps.

SMK

·
Registered
734 Posts
I found the information that I think that you're looking for at The Home Theater Spot in the Mitsubishi forum:
http://www.***************.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=10&t=0017 78

(Edited to erase the effects of a few glasses of wine at dinner on my grammar and spelling!)

------------------

Tom

Sony SAT-T60 DirecTc>ic>Vc>oc>f> w/2.5 (126 hours)

Sony SAT-T60 DirecTc>ic>Vc>oc>f> w/2.5

Sony SAN-24MD 24" elliptical dish

[This message has been edited by TomF (edited 10-01-2001).]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!

I'll try both......

(I should have thought of the channel up, as it pesters me often enough when I accidentailly hit it)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.