AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard if there is any upgrade available on the WS55411 that will install DVI inputs.

I have been keeping up on others threads as well as the Mitsubishi homepage and I am a little jealous that all the new Mits. models now have DVI inputs. When I first purchased this set DVI was not an important item but now that I have a D*/OTA high def receiver and that now there are DVD player that upconvert to 1080i through DVI inputs it has become a little more important.

I have contact Mitsubishi and they indicated that there is no upgrade available and never will be (so much for there promise about keeping there products on the cutting edge).

I have also heard that the 2003-2004 Mits models have a better SD picture (line doubler?). I was wondering if anyone could confirm this. I have never been satisfied with the SD picture on my set: blocky images, fuzzy picture, etc. Has anyone else had this problem.

Any help or information would be appreciated.

·
Registered
296 Posts
So much for the "promise". SD PQ on my new ws-55413 is very good. Not perfect, but "way" better than the SD PQ on the Sammy DLP that I returned. Sometimes SD is a little fuzzy (more likely garbage in, garbage out then the mits processing), but I haven't noticed any blocky artifacts. DVI PQ (of course) is great. So far, I love my new Mits!

·
Premium Member
2,399 Posts
bbartschi:

I feel your pain. SD on my 73711 is terrible. I have finally decided to purchase a new Diamond Series 73 inch if it ever appears.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.