AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am a first time poster! This forum looks Awesome!!!

My question...I am trying to set up my Mits WT-42311 to my computer. Does anyone know the settings I can try to get a picture on the HDPC? I am working with 1080i or 480i and 480p. My system is a P4 3ghz, Abit IC7-G, ATI AIW 9800 Pro. I am using the cable that came with the ATI card.

I have tried everything I have learned to get a good picture with no good luck. If you can help me out it would be great.

Thank You very much in advance!!

MayoStudenT:) :D

·
Registered
1,103 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is the thread I have been working with, but no luck. Are there setting that don't give a virtual desktop?

Thanks for your help so far!

I really hope to get this working, I invested in the tv and the computer just for this matter!

Thanks,

MayoStudenT:) :D

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Does your set have a DTV input?

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
Since you're using the ATi HDTV adapter cable there are only a handful of resolutions that work without VD. All this info is clearly spelled out in the guide.
Quote:
ATi HDTV ADAPTER TIMINGS

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can get the following resolutions to work (at 540p/1080i timings)

with the ATi HDTV adapter:

640x480p

720x480p

856x480p

1776x1000i

1920x1080i

All other resolutions result in a virtual desktop. Be careful making timing adjustments in Powerstrip, as the adapter seems to want a specific horizontal sync width value, and strange things happen if you deviate very far....the brightness changes, making it difficult to calibrate black levels, along with picture distortion during DVD playback.

YMMV

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Karnis,

I suspect this set does not have a DTV input, only composite and S-video.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.