AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELPPPPP! Please guys. I'm newb here, but not really newb at getting AV gear to work. But I am stuck.

Mitsi WD65737 Brand new, Denon AVR-1910 Brand new. I cannot get the two devices to coexist over HDMI. When the Denon HDMI out is plugged to any of the Mitsi HDMI's in, the TV recognizes a new device and asks me to choose te device name in it's set up menu. But then two devices go into some weird handshaking issue set - the surround mode on the amp keeps changing, the TV screen flashes from blue to black to blue, with the menu I am trying to choose from being available if I am quick enough. I have tried different HDMI inputs on the TV and I have tried with CEC turned on and with it off on both sets. I have tried different HDMI cables and I am using Category 2 cable. When I take the Denon out of the loop my devices work fine as sources to TV. I can't even get the Denon, with no inputs connected, to hook to the TV, stabalize, and then display the denon OSD.

I am fit to explode with frustration - the boxes are all trashed so I can't take anything back.

Anyone have this combo working and what did you do?

Any suggestions?

Update: I have tried a new HDMI 1.3b Cat2 cable - no change

Update: I have tried the Denon in another HDMI TV - works fine

Update: I have tried another non Denon HDMI AVR in the Mitsi - works fine

It's something about these two together ....

·
Registered
16,802 Posts
1. HDMI is overrated. It was forced upon us for the sole purpose of copy protection with the supposed benefit of a single A/V cable with a smaller connector (over DVI).

AFAIC, video should go directly to where it was designed to go, namely a TV. Same goes for audio, directly to a amp. Period. Sure, there is a slight inconvenience of an additional switch when changing inputs, but so what? besides, this way since most/many TV's have separate memories for settings on each input, you can regain that advantage by running video into the TV and audio into the receiver.

Lastly, many TV's do not pass surround sound audio when looping through the set.

2. Welcome to the forums.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts