AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I've slowly been putting together a simple 2 channel system to enjoy vinyl in my office. Here's my system so far:

Project Debut III Turntable

Polk LSi9's

Adcom GFA 2535

Being a complete novice, I'm unsure about the correct way to finish the system off. All I want is for my system to play vinyl and sound nice. I don't need the bells and whistles of a receiver, or even the radio of a tuner. From what I can tell, I quality phono pre-amp is still going to require an additional pre-amp or tuner to manage the signal and control the volume.

Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If the system ever grows into a larger (or multiple) rooms, I would probably upgrade the components accordingly. Consequently, I'd like to keep this first system as simple and value based as possible (even educational).

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
30,815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanker /forum/post/20864553

Thanks Kal. I thought about trying an audiosource amp-100 as a pre with a decent phono-preamp.

My only experiences with Audiosource have been disappointing. Keep to mainstream brands like Adcom, Emotiva and Parasound.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson /forum/post/20865421

My only experiences with Audiosource have been disappointing. Keep to mainstream brands like Adcom, Emotiva and Parasound.

Emotiva is introducing both a stand alone phono stage and has a phono pre-amp in its analog stereo pre-amp. I don't have experience with either although I might get the phono stage to use with my UMC-1.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks again. I'm finding what appear to be some decent used options for Adcom and Emotiva. Most of the parasound available seems to be rack mounted, and I don't want that for the office.

Any thoughts on getting a tuner with a built in phono-stage vs. separate. I was looking at an adcom SLC-505 vs. a GTP 400 or a GFP 555 (or even an Emotiva USP-1).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.