AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any help validating this configuration would be greatly appreciated (see attached doc).

I wish to use a diplexor to combine modulated CATV signals from CCTV cameras onto a stacked DirecTV signal. The DBS installer for the MDU is providing stacked signals to each unit and 1 unstacked for HDTV. Each unit has two RG6 runs from the riser to a distribution panel and two RG6 runs to each room.

In the living room I wish to have a dual tuner DirecTiVo and single tuner HDTV receiver and view the modulated CATV signals with the TVs NTSC tuner.

In the bedroom I wish to have a single tuner standalone Tivo with a DirecTV receiver and view the modulated CATV signals with the TVs NTSC tuner.

Are there any technical reasons this will not work?

Will a 2.0Ghz diplexor pass the stacked and CATV signals to each corresponding tuner?

Thanks

DWS

diagrams.pdf 76.8857421875k . file

Attachments

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Sure, the VHF port of the diplexer will pass the cable signals.

A Leviton 47690-38B "video module" appears to be an eight way RF combiner, a three-way splitter and a 15dB amplifier. I wouldn't pay $250 for it. I can buy the same parts separately for under $50.

Leviton's so-called "notch filter" is a channel 75-80 band reject filter. Why not just modulate your video inputs above the top of the cable band and save another $28?

I also don't see why the DirecTV HDTV is drawn going through the video module.

I do like the dish antennas. They could get swamped by a tidal wave and not succumb to rain fade.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.