AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, first time poster here.

I am in the middle of a Basement remodel and I am interested in somewhat compact and affordable 5.1 system. The system will be used in a smaller family room for watching TV and movies and listening to music. I have an older Denon audio receiver I will use for some time until I can afford to replace with a new AV receiver. Budget for speakers wil be max $1000. I was looking at the Pioneer Andrew Jones set ( http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home/Home-Theater-Systems/Speaker-Packages/SP-PK52FS ) as they seem to review very well for the price but I need the surrounds to go in the wall. I have been looking at the Klipsch and Polk in wall speakers for the surrounds but not sure what to match to them for the front center and sub.

Due to room design I cannot use in wall speakers for the fronts. There is just no room in the walls. I would like to use in wall (not in ceiling) for the surround speakers to save space and maximize the speakers. Are their any concerns with mixing the in wall L/R surrounds with floor standing fronts? Is there a brand or line in my price range that pair well in that configuration? Could I use the Pioneer fronts and center, upgrade the sub (slightly, I have read it's the weak link) and the pick different brand in-wall speakers for the surrounds? Also the L/R surrounds will go behind and to the side of the listener in the back wall not the side wall as the room is wider than just where the TV is, so I would be interested in "pointing" the in-wall surround speakers inward towards the listener.

Thanks in advance,

B

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
It's fine to have different brand surrounds that the mains and center. From what I can see you are on the right track.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.