·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Set-up

Vsx 1021k

Energy Take classic center channel

Klipsch Ksb 1.1

I was planning on buying some energy satellite speakers, using the Klipsh as my fronts, buying a Dayton sub, and call it a day...but I'm now wondering if that's the best route. Am I going to run into any sort of compatibility issues?

Would it be in my best interest to either pull the Klipsch out of my setup, or move them to the back speakers? If the latter, what are some recommendations for front replacements?

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
The Klipsch speakers you have only go down to 65 Hz, which is not low enough for front speakers to get good system sound. They will work fine as rear / surround speakers.

I don't know what sort of budget you have, but my recommendation would be a pair of Monitor Audio Bronze BX-2 front speakers, which go down to 42 hz, and a Monitor Audio Bronze BX Center speaker. Those speakers will put out far far more bass than you have now, and the improvement in sound quality will be dramatic.

That would be a huge improvement in the sound quality and power capability of you system, for around $600 or so.

If that is more money than you want to spend at this time, a pair of Boston Acoustics Classic CS26 speakers are $150 each, and that would be a nice upgrade for the front pair.

The Klipsch RW12D subwoofer has been seen for prices in the $300-370 range lately and is worth buying. Beware of worthless cheap subwoofers (like Dayton); they are totally useless.

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
If you live in the DFW area I could make you a deal on the Klipsch KSF-C7 center channel along with KSB 3.1s and 2.1s (as well as SS 1.1 surrounds)...They are slightly banged up but I could let you audition them before buying and they would work great with your KSB 1.1s in the rear. {Note: I am not actively trying to sell them but they have been sitting in my hallway for years...}

1 - 4 of 4 Posts