AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The premiere of this show was earlier this week. I tuned in to it idly but found it actually entertaining.

I'm a little confused by the premise (is it 10 people all in one night the whole season?) but overall it was funnier and more awkward than I'd expected. Also, I thought it was an hour-long drama, but it's a 30 minute comedy. Sold, I don't have time for too many hour-long shows anymore.

Anyone else watching? What did folks think of the premiere?

·
Registered
14,549 Posts
Competent but formulaic. It reminded me of so many other post-Friends sitcoms, but I didn't expect to be surprised. The premiere was last week btw.

Based on ratings I expect this to be gone and forgotten in a couple of months. It rates even lower than Suburgatory.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Nice eye candy but that's it...

Typical dorky guy hooks up with the hottest woman in the bar? mmmm

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar  /t/1520945/mixology-on-abc-in-hd#post_24463682

Typical dorky guy hooks up with the hottest woman in the bar? mmmm

That hasn't happened yet - they certainly seem to be leaning that way but we won't know until the season finale.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well in my opinion, this show keeps it funny. Lots to laugh at in this week's episode (including Tom slamming the short bald guy's head into the table accidentally). And every scene in the men's room. "Shall I send you a picture?" "No thanks, I already have one."

·
Registered
3,021 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
I think the network forgot that we need to know the characters before we give a darn about who is zooming who.

Good example Friends vs Mixology.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts