AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After getting the 64bit versions of ffdshow and haali media splitter I was able to get mkv files to play in vmc. When I try to play flac however, I get one of two error messages. The first one is an error code CD00FEDA (or something like that - I'm going off memory) or cannot play file. Sometimes I will get the first error, then when I try to play it again it says the file is missing. It may be corrupt, or missing. The files are not corrupt or missing. I ripped 4 cds with EAC and the files play on my other PC. Windows understands what flac is because it is linked to VMC. Also I've enabled flac in ffdshow. Is there a certain file structure that is needed? Any ideas what the problem may be?

·
Registered
390 Posts
I've had this same issue in Win7 x64. I can play flac in Media Player, but not Media Center. It appears to be because the madflac codec (or whatever it is I'm using) is 32-bit only, and thus will only work with WMP, since that runs in 32-bit mode. The problem (I believe) with Media Center is that it runs as a 64-bit exe, and since the codec(s) don't support flac in 64-bit mode, it doesn't work.

This could all be way off base, but from the few questions I've managed to get answered on here about it, that's the best conclusion I can come to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.