AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have windows 7 on my computer with an ati radeon 5450 video card. I am using Media Player Classic-HC x64. I am having issues playing back MKV files that I have created with Dolby Truehd and DTS master audio tracks.

When I try and playback a truehd stream, it only plays two channels, and on my onkyo reciever shows as PCM. If i try and play a master audio track, it just says DTS on the reciever, but no indication that it is actually reading the master audio part. I am using the integrated splitter and ac3/dts decoders. Am I missing any key components?

·
Premium Member
16,132 Posts
The integrated AC3/DTS decoder does not support HD audio bitstreaming. You have to use ffdshow Audio Decoder or LAV Audio Decoder. LAV Splitter is recommended over the integrated MKV splitter.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
+1.

install LAV splitter (includes audio decoders), go to external filters in MPC and add LAV audio decoder and set it to prefer. Double click on LAV audio decoder and check all the formats under bitstream.

obviously you'll need to connect your PC to your receiver via HDMI.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses. I tried the guide featuring the LAV splitter and still neither are working. I am using the x64 version of MPC-hD, could this be causing any issues?

·
Registered
11,822 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Parker /forum/post/20811859

Thanks for the responses. I tried the guide featuring the LAV splitter and still neither are working. I am using the x64 version of MPC-hD, could this be causing any issues?

LAV should work with x64. For FFDShow make sure you are using the same version as MPC HC (i.e. if you are using the x64 version of MPC HC use the x64 version of FFDSHow). It could be an EDID issue (this was resolved a long time ago but seems everyone once in a while some has an issue with). Doing a clean reinstall of your O/S may also be an option

1 - 6 of 6 Posts