AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Using WMC 7 via MediaBrowser - any time I fire up an MKV file about 2 minutes into the file it stutters for about 5 seconds and then straightens out and is fine for the duration of the video (it happens with all the mkv files I have(25)). Audio is output via spdif to receiver and video via HDMI straight to tv. The only Codecs installed are Lav and MadFlac for my music files. I read a post stating to chech that only 2 speaker setup is chosen but in wmc 7 the speaker setup only gives me the option for 5.1 or 7.1, so it is currently set at 5.1. Any advice?

·
Registered
13,150 Posts
That post meant that in the sound panel (start -> control panel -> sound) you select 2 channel.

Then in WMC when you set it up you select 5.1 or 7.1 and in your case you would choose spdif for the sound output.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks - I'm a newbie so please bear with me : So within control panel | Sound - I don't see any options for 2 speaker setup (realtek Digital Output(optical) is my current default and a configure button below is grayed out.

·
Registered
13,150 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jboku /forum/post/20826506

thanks - I'm a newbie so please bear with me : So within control panel | Sound - I don't see any options for 2 speaker setup (realtek Digital Output(optical) is my current default and a configure button below is grayed out.

Click on the Realtek Digital Out and that should select it. Then you should be able to click on configure.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Still grayed out, I purchased your guides and remember something about using a vga monitor to configure, currently I am using HDMI , should I return to my vga monitor for this?

·
Registered
13,150 Posts
How do you have this connected to your receiver exactly? Assuming your are using toslink do you actually see the laser from the toslink port? What else is connected to your motherboard?

If not then the driver is not installed correctly or you have a defective toslink port.

Also check and see is there is a Realtek audio controller in the control panel and make adjustments there.

Also check your setting in device manager and make sure that there are no conflicts or missing drivers:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the HDMI cable attached to the motherboard and that goes directly to the tv, the only other thing connected to the motherboard is the toslink. Which goes directly to the receiver and is giving me my surround sound.

I originally built this with a motherboard that did not have a spdif out, but when I connected to my receiver and main tv I realized my receiver was too old and was only passing the audio along to the tv, and not to the receiver, so swapped out the motherboard. I'll look at the driver and re-install it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got some time today and reinstalled the audio drivers, and it corrected my shutter issue. Within the sound panel I was still not able to configure my optical out but in testing it everything works great. Thanks again Assassin for all your help!

·
Registered
13,150 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jboku /forum/post/20832815

Got some time today and reinstalled the audio drivers, and it corrected my shutter issue. Within the sound panel I was still not able to configure my optical out but in testing it everything works great. Thanks again Assassin for all your help!

No problem. Happy to help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.