AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, we know that the 2k series hasn't really done a whole lot of good since they've had the MLB license all to their own, but 2k10 is looking decent.

I don't have a PS3, and am not intersted in buying for one game (MLB 10), so MLB 2k10 will have to do. Last year they made some improvements, but it's still not where MVP 05 was or where MLB the Show is...

Here's the first trailer...

&fs=1&hd=1" width="858" height="508">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&fs=1&hd=1" /> 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">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

·
Registered
601 Posts
With all the great games coming up and currently out for the PS3, your best bet is to plunk down the money for a PS3. 2K has been very disappointing, and to say that 2K9 was improved is crazy. The Show is so amazing if you like any sports game. The only problem with The Show has been online, but this year they have fixed it.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by markc72 /forum/post/18138971

With all the great games coming up and currently out for the PS3, your best bet is to plunk down the money for a PS3. 2K has been very disappointing, and to say that 2K9 was improved is crazy. The Show is so amazing if you like any sports game. The only problem with The Show has been online, but this year they have fixed it.

To me, The Show's animations seem stiff. It's hard to describe. And no, I am not plunking down $360 for a game and system that I will only use for about 5-6 months. I have no interest in owning a PS3. Even if my dude Mauer is on the cover

As for 2k9 not being an improvement, you must not have played 2k8

2k7 has been the best of the next gen 2k baseball games. 2k9's presentation was better than The Show's IMO. Seamless commentary is very good.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I hope this one is good...been wanting a baseball game since the days of MVP, but with the 360 there hasn't been anything worth buying yet. I saw a video a while back and think I remember reading something where there is the charge meter for fielding/throwing like there was in MVP.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I hope there are some good gameplay videos coming soon, there is less than a month now for release. I'm debating on getting mine through Amazon @ $55 with the $10 towards a future game.

I really hope this is the year... I feel like a Cub fan saying this

·
Registered
458 Posts
No offense - but I can't believe anyone would give this game another shot, especially after it was announced that check swings were removed from this years game. Are you kidding me? Very reluctantly bought a PS3 last year after being hardcore 2kbaseball fanatic from 2002-2005.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebadooo /forum/post/18143627

No offense - but I can't believe anyone would give this game another shot, especially after it was announced that check swings were removed from this years game. Are you kidding me? Very reluctantly bought a PS3 last year after being hardcore 2kbaseball fanatic from 2002-2005.

If it ain't one thing it's another. No check swing huh? I guess I can overlook that , gotta see what The Show is up to this year. I haven't looked at either game. Only time will tell I guess. I'll probably wait till they both come out and see what the people say. I'm in no rush for baseball this year.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebadooo /forum/post/18143627

http://www.pastapadre.com/2010/02/08...ngs-with-patch

Calm down... They seem to be wanting to make things right. It seems stupid they would remove them, but we're getting them back at least.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Yankees!!!!!!

·
Registered
601 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnarum23 /forum/post/18144867

http://www.pastapadre.com/2010/02/08...ngs-with-patch

Calm down... They seem to be wanting to make things right. It seems stupid they would remove them, but we're getting them back at least.

This game is already doomed if they can't even have check swings in the original plan. It could take weeks or months before the patch would even come out. I really want this game to succeed because I play most of my games on the 360, but I'm staying far away from this one.

·
Registered
320 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnarum23 /forum/post/18139054

2k7 has been the best of the next gen 2k baseball games. 2k9's presentation was better than The Show's IMO. Seamless commentary is very good.

really? 2K7?

I owned 2K7 and played the full 162 game season or whatever the hell it is... I started off on the default settings. BAM homerun every other batter.. so I started cranking up the difficulty. Even Legendary didn't suffice, so I pushed the sliders even further till I could create what I felt played like a real game of baseball.

Even past legendary difficulty I had so many homers that the numbers flipped to negatives. Think that happened somewhere past 100 homers for the season.

and then the runners going without command because you had scored too many runs in one inning so the AI could get an out and end things.

wish I could remember the countless other bugs in there. Then 2K8 was somehow buggier, I didn't even bother with 2k9, how buggy is 2k10 going to be?

I'd love for it to be good, but no sports game coming from 2K has even been playable for a while.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnarum23 /forum/post/18139054

To me, The Show's animations seem stiff. It's hard to describe. And no, I am not plunking down $360 for a game and system that I will only use for about 5-6 months.

How many years in a row have you said this now though? Maybe I'm just a huge baseball fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan /forum/post/18145170

Yankees!!!!!!

Booooo!

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
What's the deal with the MLB license? I still don't understand why Sony is able to put out a game in addition to the MLB2K games. I'm assuming that there is only one 3rd party license which belongs to 2K, but MS or Sony has the option to license their own game?

I'm lucky enough to own a PS3 too, so it's MLB The Show all the way for me. Last year was the first year I tried the franchise, and for me, it's by far the best sports package out there (minus the online lag issues).

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Yeah, the past few years 2k has gotten my hopes up that they'd finally get it this year, but has let me down every time, so I'm not interested in this at all.

I don't have a PS3 and won't get one just for a baseball game either. So, I can't compare to the Show. But I still load up MVP05 when I want a good baseball game, because it's still a million times better than the 2k series.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Z /forum/post/18148333

Got a PS3 for xmas so I'm looking forward to my first season of the Show. I've really enjoyed it on the PSP.

Cool story bro.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballen420 /forum/post/18147981

What's the deal with the MLB license? I still don't understand why Sony is able to put out a game in addition to the MLB2K games. I'm assuming that there is only one 3rd party license which belongs to 2K, but MS or Sony has the option to license their own game?

I'm lucky enough to own a PS3 too, so it's MLB The Show all the way for me. Last year was the first year I tried the franchise, and for me, it's by far the best sports package out there (minus the online lag issues).

Yeah I'm not sure what the story is behind the license, but MLB is pathetic when it comes to their fans, just look at how they licensed the extra innings packages for cable/satellite.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballen420 /forum/post/18147981

The MLB license is an exclusive third-party license, so yes, any first-party developer can make an MLB game. In that aspect, it's less restrictive than the NFL, which has EA as the exclusive developer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbled /forum/post/18154987

MLB is pathetic when it comes to their fans, just look at how they licensed the extra innings packages for cable/satellite.

I disagree entirely, honestly. First of all, for the MLB, you can get Extra Innings on pretty much any provider you use, whether it's satellite, or cable. In addition, if you don't want to get the Extra Innings package, there are other options. For example, they have the excellent MLB.tv setup. Sure, you pay a fee for that, but at least there are a few options.

On the other hand, the NFL has their Sunday Ticket package, which is exclusively available to DirecTV subscribers. And if you don't want to switch to DirecTV and want to watch out of market games, tough luck. There's no equivalent streaming service from the NFL... unless you're already a DirecTV subscriber, and get the Sunday Ticket package, and pay extra for the Superfan package.

I'd gladly pay the NFL a fee to be able to stream all 16 of my team's games rather than be stuck with the local networks which show 5 or 6 if I'm lucky. But they don't really care about that like the MLB does.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 /forum/post/18155926

The MLB license is an exclusive third-party license, so yes, any first-party developer can make an MLB game. In that aspect, it's less restrictive than the NFL, which has EA as the exclusive developer.

I disagree entirely, honestly. First of all, for the MLB, you can get Extra Innings on pretty much any provider you use, whether it's satellite, or cable. In addition, if you don't want to get the Extra Innings package, there are other options. For example, they have the excellent MLB.tv setup. Sure, you pay a fee for that, but at least there are a few options.

On the other hand, the NFL has their Sunday Ticket package, which is exclusively available to DirecTV subscribers. And if you don't want to switch to DirecTV and want to watch out of market games, tough luck. There's no equivalent streaming service from the NFL... unless you're already a DirecTV subscriber, and get the Sunday Ticket package, and pay extra for the Superfan package.

I'd gladly pay the NFL a fee to be able to stream all 16 of my team's games rather than be stuck with the local networks which show 5 or 6 if I'm lucky. But they don't really care about that like the MLB does.

Yes I believe now you can get it with most anyone except for Dish Network, which naturally I have. And IIRC it literally took an act of congress to keep it from becoming a DirectTV exclusive as well. I have been using the MLB.TV service for the last three years and it's been steadily improving but far from the kind of service that you get from the extra innings and for similar costs. Not to mention being blacked out of Nationally televised games that aren't being shown in my market is very frustrating. I'm not that much of an NFL fan so to me its apples and oranges, you're talking about 16 games vs. 162 games, when most weeks the best games are going to be shown nationally on NFL network, CBS, FOX, NBC, or ESPN. YMMV

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Gameplay vid. Finally!
&fs=1" width="644" height="390">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&fs=1" />[ATTN POSTER: YouTube Insert Error: Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click 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" target="_blank">here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.]

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.