AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
i hope they have better controls for hitting... for heaven sakes i couldnt bat for the life of me last year

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Holy ****.. The first video I thought it was a video from a game trying to showcase something (while the stat sheet was up and before he hit the ball).. I will buy this game fo sho...

·
Registered
359 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubzilla06 /forum/post/0

.oh and guess what the ps3 version is visually not up to par witht he 360 version, not to mention its choppy

Funny how that works, but hey, at least it has blue ray disc!

I can't wait for this game, the only question, as it always is, is which one to get, 2k7 or EA. 2k7 is making a strong argument after seeing those vids

·
Registered
2,008 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewed /forum/post/0

Funny how that works, but hey, at least it has blue ray disc!

I can't wait for this game, the only question, as it always is, is which one to get, 2k7 or EA. 2k7 is making a strong argument after seeing those vids

EA doesn't make an MLB game anymore, right? I thought they only made a college game since 2k Sports got the MLB license...

·
Registered
538 Posts
The other choice is MLB The Show 2007 (for PS3 players.) I never played that series, I was always a fan of the EA MVP baseball games.

2K6 was horrible, if 2K7 is anything like it, I will return it and try my luck with MLB The Show.

·
Registered
563 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by abeas /forum/post/0

The other choice is MLB The Show 2007 (for PS3 players.) I never played that series, I was always a fan of the EA MVP baseball games.

2K6 was horrible, if 2K7 is anything like it, I will return it and try my luck with MLB The Show.

MLB is fantastic on the PSP, but that's the only platform I've played it for.

2K7 is a compeltely new game and has nothing to do with 2k6. Frankly they would have been better served by renaming the series like EA did after Triple Play got so bad they rewrote it completely and brought out MVP.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinksjinx /forum/post/0

I really want a baseball game but after the way I got screwed by 2k with another title completely busted and broken not working out of the box with no support. I cant support them...Looks good though.

Geez Rent it first and see if you like it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hopes are high with the new man in charge, who had been in charge of EA's excellent MVP series which rose from the ashes of the horrible creature their Triple Play had become.

However, 2K is 2K, so you won't know what you are getting until it is in your machine, no matter the hype. Exclusivity in licensing for sports games is a terrible thing for gamers. I would love to have EA's MVP NCAA for 360, but it ain't happening. That game was superb for the Xbox last year. Also, among those whose opinions I trust, Sony's MLB: The Show was a truly great game last year, both on PS2 and PSP. We'll see if 989 can buck their trend of making poor transitions to the new generation of console this time; their games did not make good transitions to the PS2 back in the day, so we'll see. Either way, it does me no good, as I don't have a PS3 and don't plan on getting one for some time.

So, we are all stuck with 2K's baseball game. It's almost impossible to believe 2K7 could be as bad or worse than 2K6, but 2K has surprised us before by delivering buggy messes. Mostly that's Kush's fault, so it shouldn't happen here. The fact the MVP man is in charge certainly bodes well. MS still owns the code to High Heat, and the MLB license exclusivity does not apply to 1st party games, so the best of all possibilities would be for Xbox to make a fresh 360 version of High Heat; ain't gonna happen.

Exclusivity sucks, and so does the demise of XSN. Ah, how I miss Rivals and it's multi-Xbox multiplayer.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.