AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a NESN broadcast and doesn't look too great so far. Anyone else have opinions?

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
I am not getting it in Harrisburg. It might be blacked out here; but, this is a Phillies market.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
okay it looks a bit better

lots of stuttering video and audio tho

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Wish I could Comment but I get the SD feed from Comcast Sports Net cause he O's are in my Home Market. DAMN! I hope the Expos move here to DC/NoVA

·
Registered
768 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by RelDudeGOP
It's a NESN broadcast and doesn't look too great so far. Anyone else have opinions?
I agree, not a particularly impressive PQ, and the scoreboard graphic actually looks out of focus to me.:confused:

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Flicked this on for a few minutes. The scoreboard graphic looked absolutely terrible. I had to squint to tell if it was the 5th or 8th inning. The audio and video were also stuttering quite a bit. Overall not impressed at all. The only good sports ive seen on inhd so far was the us open during the free preview. Since then the other tennis, college football and baseball all have not looked good at all.

mike

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
One thing to remember is that INHD is not producing these games, but are carrying the feed from the affiliate that is showing the game.

Does anyone have NESN-HD to actually see if there is a difference.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Well I have NESN's HD feed for all home Sox/Bruins games on INHD2. I have absolutely no complaints, PQ is excellent with no audio problems as of yet. I couldn't compare it to the broadcast on INHD1, it was blacked out.

If I had to make a complaint it would be with the wider angled shots. Seems like they always start out of focus then slowly come back. However, the close up shots of batters and the normal centerfield pitcher/batter view is awesome.

I think it's also safe to say that NESN is still learning how to use their new HD toys. I give them a huge thumbs up for taking the HD step this early!

·
Registered
169 Posts
I get NESN locally as well, and I agree that their score bug is not the best. Another thing to note is that the lighting at Fenway isn't as bright as other major league parks that I've been to. I think this may have something to do with the appearance of the broadcasts.

For those who care, NESN is the home network of the Red Sox and Bruins. Before the switch to HD, they had the worst SD picture quality of almost any channel I've seen. Now, they've fully embraced HD and the PQ is inifinitely better (at least for HD broadcasts). When they launched HD, they used one of those laser thingies to project a message on the Prudential building. This week, they're also setting up an HD display in Boston so those who don't have HD can see what they're missing.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by FatNoah
Before the switch to HD, they had the worst SD picture quality of almost any channel I've seen. Now, they've fully embraced HD and the PQ is inifinitely better
Amen to that :D

When I "think" the HD feed is losing its luster I just flip back to the SD channel.

·
Registered
43 Posts
As the old saw goes: A bad day fishing is better than a good day working. I think the same sort of philosphy could be embraced here. We'd all love brilliant, crystal-clear broadcasts all the time. But I'll take sketchy HD over just about any SD broadcast (and DEFINITELY over NESN's old SD broadcast). Keep the constructive comments coming, they help the stations improve. That said, let's not lose sight of the important fact that this is HD in the first place. The Sox have NEVER looked so good....

Nathan

·
Registered
471 Posts
I watch all of the Red Sox home games on NESN-HD via INHD2. I think that overall NESN has been doing a fine job with their broadcasts. I love the 1080i and hopefully more new stations will choose this format as well. The darker picture is a Fenway lighting problem, not a NESN-HD problem. My only constructive critisism would be to fix the score bug. It is blurry in HD and difficult to read inning numbers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.