AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen the promos for ESPN and the MLB divisional playoff games, but have not heard whether any will be in HD. Does anybody have the inside scoop as to whether we will see them on ESPN-HD?

Ken?

Rick

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
espn'd be stupid not to but they've made that mistake before

·
Banned
2,166 Posts
Do you guys know if there is any chance for that?

Will FOX show them in wide 480p?

Who else has the rights this year?

Thanks.

·
Registered
14,479 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by wojtek
Will FOX show them in wide 480p?
No, only the World Series will be in widescreen.

·
Registered
13,531 Posts
rb,

FOX holds the rights to most, if not all, of the MLB postseason. And unless something changes, they won't be doing them in HD this year.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yeah but ESPN does have some rights to the Division Series.......

·
Registered
1 Posts
ESPN took over some games in the LDS when they bought the Family Channel from Fox.

For the LCS and World Series, it will be Fox Wide Screen

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by foxeng
No, only the World Series will be in widescreen.
Quote:
Originally posted by Jon_Klein
For the LCS and World Series, it will be Fox Wide Screen

Can someone break the tie? Are both of the League Championship Series and the World Series going to be widescreen or only the World series. I've got to believe the LCS's will be in widescreen. :confused:

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
as of now, the espn hd schedule shows no games scheduled.

http://espn.go.com/espnhd/schedule.html

however this may change. i could see them fitting an mlb game or two during the week between football. (as long as both trucks are working)

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,648 Posts
I've always assumed we'd see some ESPN HD coverage of the MLB playoffs, but I've also not heard anything. Let me ask.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,648 Posts
Fox

- Fox will carry the 2003 World Series in Fox Widescreen.

- No official word is available about the other MLB playoff games on Fox. It should be noted AVS member foxeng works for a Fox affiliate and is privy to network information before it becomes public knowledge.

ESPN

- For the 2003 season, ESPN & ESPN2 will carry a minimum of 9 and a maximum of 14 MLB Divisional Playoff Games, highlighted by 3 primetime games.

- It's not known how many, if any, of these games will be in HDTV. I'm working on this as we speak.

·
Registered
14,479 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ken H
Fox

- Fox will carry the 2003 World Series in Fox Widescreen.

- No official word is available about the other MLB playoff games on Fox. It should be noted AVS member foxeng works for a Fox affiliate and is privy to network information before it becomes public knowledge.
As for FOX, only the World Series will be in widescreen. As for ESPN, that is up to them.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I am very disappointed in the fact that once the NFL season started, we haven't seen a single MLB game here or there on ESPN HD. Of course now that they are on Directv and Dish they don't have to try so hard and we are stuck with the two live events a week (not counting playmakers).

I sure hope they show some playoff action in HD - I was really counting on that when I signed up, I never thought that once football started that was the end of baseball on espnhd.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ragedogg69
as of now, the espn hd schedule shows no games scheduled.

i could see them fitting an mlb gam...e just chosen not to, and that stinks. Rick

·
Registered
174 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ender21
Every Wednesday lately ESPN has been showing 2 or 3 MLB games. I'm figuring the logistics of providing at least *one* of those games in HD is very feasible and would allow them enough time to get from the previous weekend's HD event to the next weekend's HD event. They've just chosen not to, and that stinks.

Rick

Don't forget that there is a Saturday night college game and Sunday night football every week. That uses up both trucks.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ender21
Every Wednesday lately ESPN has been showing 2 or 3 MLB games. I'm figuring the logistics of providing at least *one* of those games in HD is very feasible and would allow them enough time to get from the previous weekend's HD event to the next weekend's HD event. They've just chosen not to, and that stinks.

Rick
C'mon now guys, you're not being fair to poor little ol' ESP-NOT-HD. To expect more than 2 games a week in HD is really asking too much from a mega-corp. that takes our money every month. Be reasonable.

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
Here's an idea. Everyone who is disappointed with ESPN-HD should cancel it and tell D* or E* and ESPN that they cancelled due to a lack of HD content. If you are truly disappointed with ESPN-HD (which to me is worth it for Sunday Night Football in HD alone) vote with your pocketbook. Buying it, paying for it, and then complaining about it will have no effect.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by -KEK-
Don't forget that there is a Saturday night college game and Sunday night football every week. That uses up both trucks.
That's exactly my point. They're on *Saturday* and *Sunday.* How hard would it be to have *one* of those trucks make it to a Wednesday day or night baseball game?

MnGuy: I love ESPN-HD for Sunday Night Football alone, too. That doesn't mean I won't ask for more from a service I'm paying for that has (seemingly) the capability of doing more. It's like having the right to complain about where my tax dollars go. :)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.