AVS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I enjoyed the ps2 version last year being that MLB 2k6 was a disaster. I like MLB2k7 alot, graphics are good, but has stastical flaws that are irritating. The screenshots look underwhelming compared to 2k7, but its going to be stastic and feature rich like the ps2 version. If only they could have made a game that had the graphics of 2k7 and the gameplay of The Show. Ive compiled videos and screens here Postgame Sports Discussion Forum - MLB The Show 2007

·
Registered
457 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretskii /forum/post/0

They missed the boat. When the season started, I couldn't wait for this game. Got tired of waiting. I truly miss MVP.

Couldnt agree more, MVP was a great series that I believe 2k or The Show series couldnt even touch, well ahead of its time.

·
Registered
217 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretskii /forum/post/0

They missed the boat. When the season started, I couldn't wait for this game. Got tired of waiting. I truly miss MVP.

Man, I was having a good day until the memory of MVP was brought up. Now I'm just freakin depressed. MVP, the good ol days.

·
Registered
457 Posts
How does it compare to 2k7? How does it play, look, and sound?

·
Registered
101 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by neemo6 /forum/post/0

I like it better than 2k7.... here is link to some users and some who review the game themselves....... they do a much better job than what some gaming sites have done......

anyway here......toward the bottom of the thread is where the reviews and comparisons to 2k7 are....

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...=154131&page=3

·
Registered
115 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by neemo6 /forum/post/0

Gameplay is great,10x better than 2k7.The fielding is excellent,imo.

Graphics were better tha I was expecting,looks very sharp.Not as detailed as 2k though.

Sounds great,captures the littles details.One thing that stood out to me was I fouled one back and I hear the ball hit the backstop behind me on my 5.1 system.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I currently own 2K7 and all the reviews that I have been reading about MLB 07 makes me want to trade in 2K7 for it. The main thing that bugs me about 2K7 is that there are too many home runs and alot of the times that is the only way to score. Most of the reviews I read praise MLB 07 realistic gameplay.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I just got this game yesterday and sad to say im extremely dissapointed thus far. Some of my quirks of the game. The graphics are sub par even to 2k7's. I would describe them as the ps2 version of the game but playing at 720p, yes its hi def but ps3 can supposedly do better. The opening movie was extremely horrible looking sad to say that the ps2 could have done that movie no problem. The motions are very last gen, 2k7 wins this hands down, like I said about the graphics very much like the ps2 version. Commentary is extremely boring, and dull, and at times way off on the call or late. Example I legged out an infield single and Dave Campbell was talking about how great of a play that was to get the out?!? Another issue I have with it is when a pitcher is warming up, and the camera is over by the bullpen it is empty, even though my pitcher is supposed to be warming up. Another small issue, I was playing as the Dodgers one game and commentary starts talking about my pitching coach Rick Honeycutt and camera moves to him and my pitcher, it shows Rick as a black guy when his is in fact a white guy. This just seems to me as a Hi-def port of the ps2 version, nothing has been improved other than it playing at a higher resolution. I regret buying this and now pissed I cant take it back, I wish I would have just gotten 2k7. At least that game you know your playing a ps3 game. Although the graphics are sharper on MLB07 they are more detailed by leaps and bounds on 2k7, commentary isnt even a contest, and motions are far more fluid on 2k7. Gameplay I think might be a little more solid on MLB07 but its nothing that sliders cant fix on 2k7, such as frequency of homeruns on 2k7. My $.02 i'd say someone looking for a baseball game just to pick up a used copy of 2k7 over a new one of The Show, or if you dont have a hi def tv get the ps2 mlb 07 because its the same thing as the ps3 version w/o the high def.

·
Registered
115 Posts
This game is far superior to 2k7 when it comes to pitching,fielding,hitting,you name it.It doesnt look as pretty but plays 10x better.And the graphics arent as bad as neemo makes them out to be,yes it lacks little details that 2k7 throws in there but I would rather be able to throw a strike to a power hitter and not expect it to fly over the wall every time.If you make good smart pitches,you get people out.Just like real life......

·
Banned
1,839 Posts
I dont understand this decision to go w/ 1080p support. For the most part, your going to end up w/ an inferior game graphically because you are giving up a ton of textures etc. Its good for little online games and remakes of old games, but not for new games.

·
Registered
795 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpe8598 /forum/post/0

I dont understand this decision to go w/ 1080p support. For the most part, your going to end up w/ an inferior game graphically because you are giving up a ton of textures etc. Its good for little online games and remakes of old games, but not for new games.

Totally agree. 720p is already a gigantic enough leap up from 480p and the jump to 1080p will just mean worse graphics at higher resolution (and the higher resolution exposes the bad graphics/textures/etc even more).

·
Registered
383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad31 /forum/post/0

I preferred High Heat to MVP. My favorite all-time is still the original SNES Ken Griffey Jr.

MVP is a decent game, but really good baseball games are few and far between for some reason.

High Heat on the PC was pretty damn tough to beat. I'm hearing great things about The Show from former High Heat fanatics.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.