AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new mm36110 and the free progressive DVD player. When in progressive mode the image on the TV is off-center and causes a bright vertical line on the left side where the image overlaps itself. I have the same problem in SVGA mode but can use the remote to adjust the position (not available in comp mode). Tech support was of no help.

Anyone else have this problem? I figure there must be position settings in the service menu but can't find any info on it.

Thanks,

Brian

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Brian - I had a similar problem and may be, I can help? My set, a Samsung TSK2790F, has only one set of component (Y,Pb,Pr) inputs that I used to connect my JVC XV-S65GD progressive scan DVD. The tv menu that is used to select the input source shows two choices, DVD and DTV. Any way, when I activate the progressive scan mode on the JVC with the tv set to the DVD choice I had the same symptoms you described (it was fine in the normal DVD non-progressive mode). I call both Samsung and JVC and they were both no help. I found the DTV selection is what I needed to use the for the progressive scan mode (also I use this for HDTV Set Top Box). Now everything is working great plus the DVD progressive mode give a incredible picture. I hope your problem is as easily solved as mine was (after three days of frustration?).

TR

[This message has been edited by TR-VA (edited 07-27-2001).]

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, but its not that simple. Mine works in non-progressive mode but there are no settings I can change for the input. The set allows you to adjust the SVGA inputs but not the progressive component input even though its also a VGA mode. Arg! I assume it can be adjusted with the service menu but its impossible to use without a manual.

-Brian

·
Registered
25 Posts
Brian - What TV set are you using? What I was trying to say above is I needed to use DTV/HDTV input for progressive DVD and not the DVD input which doesn't make any since to me but that's what worked. In other words use the same setup for your DVD you would use for a HDTV set top box. Let us know what you find out, we're on our own here. The manufactures don't seem to be able or willing help. Good luck - TR

·
Registered
112 Posts
TR - I dont think that would make a difference with his set.

Weezer - Since the set is new, I would recommend calling the dealer and giving them the option of A) getting a tech out to fix it or B) giving you a new set.

I have some info on the menu settings I can get you if you email me, but you're really better off getting it fixed so you don't have to deal with this for the rest of the set's life.

------------------

Steve Black

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found that P4 in the service menu let me fix the horiz phase which fixed the problem of the image overlapping on itself. I still have the problem that the image is shifted about 1 inch to the right. It only does it in progressive mode and not on any other input.

-Brian

·
Registered
112 Posts
P5=Width Align

P6=Width

------------------

Steve Black

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.