AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a hardcore MMORPG (online RPG) fan and i know that when the next one comes out, i will play it on my RPTV for at least an hour or two a day. As you all know, MMORPG's tend to have a lot of static interface elements. Health/mana/stamina bars on top, spell bar in the bottom, inventory on the right, etc. However, I will turn down brightness/contrast and never leave the game idle for more than a few seconds. So the question is: if i am really careful, will i still get burn-in? And if i will, how soon will it happen (+/- 6 months) and how noticable will it be when i am not playing the game?

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
You should try - if you are not already - Dark Ages of Camelot, it truely is excellent. (Online Roleplaying games being my other hobby besides HT)

However if you are going to be playing Everquest RPTV is not the choice for you as hours of sitting looking at one spot looking for a MoB to spawn will give you a perminant reminder in burn of your quest :)

I decided a long time ago not to even try to run my PC though my PJ as I didn't even want the possibility of burn - my tubes may be oldish, but they are burn free and for that I am thankful... I've seen a couple of PJ's with "start" burnt into the corner!

I would not recommend it - but then again I always err on the side of caution. Plus I prefer the sharpness that only a good CRT computer monitor can give when using a PC.

-Rick

Avoider of Ultima Online
Level 33 Agent of OmniTek

Level 51 Wizard of Norrath

Level 7 Paladin of Albion

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah the sharpness of CRT's is good and all, but dude... World of Warcraft on a bigscreen with a thousand-dollar speaker system while sitting in a leather Lay-Z-Boy recliner. It's a geek's heaven :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.