AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,606 Posts
The link to the ABC announcement is broken.....

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,622 Posts
The article you reference is from 2000. It's referring to the fact ABC did MNF in HD for the 1999 season, then discontinued it for 2000.

As we all know, ABC renewed HD broadcasts for the 2003 MNF season.

It's too early for official word regarding MNF for 2004, but my Magic 8 Ball says 'Bet On It'.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:
Originally posted by J.Mike Ferrara
The link to the ABC announcement is broken.....
Yes, I know, but the article states this explicity. Perhaps Ken can shed some light.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Could that be an old article, the article link is invalid. It could be from a couple of years ago. Remember ABC broadcast MNF is HD a few years ago, then stopped and then started it up again last year. That's what I think.

- John

·
Registered
58 Posts
This article is old and out of date..

Here is the last sentence

"Not matter what TV you end up buying, may the new TV season be worth it. I don't know about you, but I am not only looking forward to Football and the Olympics, but I can't miss the X-Files or the last season of Star Trek: Voyager. What's that about Survivor II starting in January? "

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:
Originally posted by Ken H
The article you reference is from 2000. It's referring to the fact ABC did MNF in HD for the 1999 season, then discontinued it for 2000.

As we all know, ABC renewed HD broadcasts for the 2003 MNF season.

It's too early for official word regarding MNF for 2004, but my Magic 8 Ball says 'Bet On It'.
Thanks, sorry for any confusion. The link was from a current HDTV news website on ezboard.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
I think that is not a reliable source. It links to an etown.com article. Etown's site has been down for over a year.

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
thread should be deleted.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:
Originally posted by dm145
DDisney login as well.;)
Oooh, nasty. At least I used a question mark.

Will try to delete if possible.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Please don't delete this thread. I read that outdated article hastily and after getting up off the floor in shock, I said to myself, the avs forum will have the straight scoop. Indeed it did! What a relief!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.