AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes yes yes! Here we go, our first HD NFL game of the year on the networks. What is pre-season? Who cares when it's in HD and it's football.

Dolphins/Bears from Canton. The game looks to be starting rather early, 8pm eastern, 5pm "left coast." Madden and Al on the horn.

Post your thoughts about PQ or whatever else here.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I wonder how the HD cameras will do seeing through the smoke coming from the Dolphins locker room :D :D :D :p

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Hey folks, please also monitor Thursday's Chargers/Packers game.

It will be on ESPN and it will be in HD (according to HDSportsGuide.com)

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by HofstraJet
I wonder how the HD cameras will do seeing through the smoke coming from the Dolphins locker room :D :D :D :p
lmao, is ricky williams playing or something?

·
Registered
976 Posts
other than ricky playing this game is a snoozer..

·
Registered
249 Posts
This is my first NFL season (pre or regular) with HD and I'm sporting major wood. I can't wait!!!!!!

Oh please, oh please, do not let this be a disappointment.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by theswami
This is my first NFL season (pre or regular) with HD and I'm sporting major wood. I can't wait!!!!!!

Oh please, oh please, do not let this be a disappointment.
"Erections that last longer than 6 hours can be a sign of serious health..."

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
And hope your local ABC remembers to through the switch...

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
what is pre-season football? whats the diff between it and regular season? does pre-season not count or anything?

dont laugh or jump down my throat please, i just discovered football after I got an HDTV, before that I thought it was boring lame and a common man's pursuit...

·
Registered
9 Posts
do not count. And even though the starters play the first series or two, it shows you nothing. Do not think that cause a team does well in the pre-season that they are headed for a good season.....

But like everyone says, IT'S HIGH DEF NFL!!! WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Even if my ABC affiliate flips the switch, I guarantee it will be blurry this season thanks to the addition of the good ole weather radar subchannel. :(

·
6,091 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djxcats
Even if my ABC affiliate flips the switch, I guarantee it will be blurry this season thanks to the addition of the good ole weather radar subchannel. :(
There's hope. My local ABC multicasts(I saw it before they multicasted) and it's turned out to be not that bad at all. I don't like it, but at least the PQ hasn't suffered...much.

Give it an honest look see.:) Depending on how they are going about it, it may not be so bad.

·
Premium Member
35,958 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow
There's hope. My local ABC multicasts(I saw it before they multicasted) and it's turned out to be not that bad at all. I don't like it, but at least the PQ hasn't suffered...much.

Give it an honest look see.:) Depending on how they are going about it, it may not be so bad.
Our local ABC station, KGO, multicasts and it hasn't seemed to affect PQ to my eyes, although I haven't spent much time critiquing it lately..I'm of the camp, that if you're going to multicast, use a 720p transmission system. Comparisons between the NBC and ABC stations here in the bay area reflect that the multicasting on the NBC(1080i) station is clearly affecting PQ.

·
6,091 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan
Our local ABC station, KGO, multicasts and it hasn't seemed to affect PQ to my eyes, although I haven't spent much time critiquing it lately..I'm of the camp, that if you're going to multicast, use a 720p transmission system. Comparisons between the NBC and ABC stations here in the bay area reflect that the multicasting on the NBC(1080i) station is clearly affecting PQ.
I'm in the same camp.:)

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
I'm pretty lucky. My local ABC multicasts 2 other subchannels, but the next DMA over - which I also receive - doesn't multicast at all. So you can guess which I'll be watching tonight and all throughout this fall. *unless I get BAD breakup problems on the non-multicasted channel*

·
6,091 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVwannabe
I'm pretty lucky. My local ABC multicasts 2 other subchannels, but the next DMA over - which I also receive - doesn't multicast at all. So you can guess which I'll be watching tonight and all throughout this fall. *unless I get BAD breakup problems on the non-multicasted channel*
What kind of PQ differences are you able to see? Just curious if the difference is that large.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow
What kind of PQ differences are you able to see? Just curious if the difference is that large.

I'll let you know after game has started. (haven't watched much OTA HD in the past couple weeks - none of it on either ABC stations)

1 - 20 of 121 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.