AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Are you serious? If it could be a flat panel then CRTs would still be around. They require a throw distance and are bulkier than a flat panel by themselves. Not possible.

·
Registered
29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vili /forum/post/15535654

Are you serious? If it could be a flat panel then CRTs would still be around. They require a throw distance and are bulkier than a flat panel by themselves. Not possible.

Are you serious? I think the OP meant Front project and not flat panel.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Front Projector, correct. Couldn't I just remove the hood assembly and project the image to a screen?

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
1. The power of the guns in your CRT TV are designed and their lens are designed for about 2 feet of distance not 10-15 feet.

2. I don't believe that Hitachi makes a a FPJ that supports the same resolution and in which some of their RPTV components could be used and if the cost to convert would probably be far more then purchasing a new FP.

·
Banned
2,421 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCD /forum/post/15536540

Front Projector, correct. Couldn't I just remove the hood assembly and project the image to a screen?

It would be inverted, as if you were looking in a mirror. Might not concern you viewing normal TV, but anytime any lettering was on the screen, it would be reversed.

Also, plug a lamp in next to a wall. See how bright it is. Walk away from the wall and see how quickly the light level goes down. Even if you could properly focus your unit (and invert the picture) it would be so dim that it would not be worth the effort (unless you intend to keep the unit 2 feet from the screen, in which case it might be a little hard to watch with it in the way).

There was a home brewed project years ago where someone made their RPTV much bigger by building out from a wall and using a large screen. It was also in a very controlled lighting room. Considering the dust elements and other things when you opened the RPTV up, its really not worth the effort.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts