AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where does the guide information come from for the 8VSB tuner? If I have service in Orlando, and I take my model 6000 to my friend's place in Miami where I am house sitting, will the 8vsb tuner find the Miami stations or will it be confused as my service thinks it is in Orlando? I only have the one box on the account, so I could move the service address if I had to do that.

/carmi

·
Registered
63 Posts
Unfortunately, unless you bring your satellite dish with you, you will not be able to get the OTA from Miami. This is because, as far as I know, that there is a bug, or feature, that prevents the 6000 OTA module from functioning without the satellite feed. Other wise the OTA module uses PSIP to get OTA channel information. You would have to program in the stations the way you did for your current location.

John

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He has a dish, just no receiver (the previous owner had a Dish 500, so no HD for me unless I buy him a 61.5 dish).

/carmi

·
Registered
730 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jrschmidt:
Miami. This is because, as far as I know, that there is a bug, or feature, that prevents the 6000 OTA module from functioning without the satellite feed.
Yeah . . . is it a bug: Terrestrial service doesn't work during rain fade!

Or a feature: People can't buy model 6000s & just use them for terrestrial w/o paying Echostar?

Which particular satellite feed do you need? The 110/119 or 61.5?

·
Registered
104 Posts
You will need to go in to the local channel set-up menu and delete your Orlando stations and then add the Miami stations. You may get in to some licensing issues with Echostar and need to change your subscription address and you suggest.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.