AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My PBS local broadcast on DT 12-01, -02, -03, and -06 during the daytime hours. For the evening they do 12-01 SD and 12-05 HD. The problem is with the 6000 remembering the unused sub-channels and erasing them. I have to program the channel every day and evening. The PBS affiliate doesn't have a set in stone schedule, or I'd just never try to tune non-existent sub-channels.

How do the other HD units (D*) act when you tune to a channel not actively broadcasting? Do they automatically drop them too?

It's a pain in the butt having to deal with this on every change in broadcast.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Don't try to access them when they are off-air and you won't have an issue with it. The 6000 will remember them unless you try to tune it in and it's not there, then it auto-remaps.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
That's the trick! It's weird they have so many sub-channels. Most stations use 01 for HD and the others are SD. Do they show different content? Do they actually change their HD assignment between day and evening? Or is there no HD during the day and 05 comes on at night? Weird. Maybe you could contact your station and ask them what in the heck they are doing.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
-05 HD is dark during the day and active in the evenings. -02, -03 and -06 are SD daytime only. -01 is always on. The subs carry our local educational programming, PBSYou, PBSKids plus some datacasting.

I want to tune them all during a viewing period, so just not tuning them isn't an option.

Do other tuners have similar problems?

·
Registered
6,557 Posts
Its things like this that cause me to qualify my 6000 as flakey. I think that you are stuck with this one. Its just the way it is.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
The 600 does not handle this situation gracefully, that is for sure. I did program a macro for my pronto that does the button sequnce for Scan Digital for me so at least I don't have to do it manually all the time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.