AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have attempted to create a modeline for my machine, but have thus far been unable to. I gave up on the linux approach, and installed windows to a spare HD that I had lying around. Using powerstrip I am having the same difficulties as before.

I am running an ATI 7200 (vivo) vid card using an Audio Authority 9A60 to connect to my Sony KP-53HS30 (can't post link to info, don't have 5 posts yet)

640x480 works good, as to be expected; however, whenever I switch to a larger resolution, the TV kicks in "16:9 enhanced mode" altho it is a 4:3 set. It basically shrinks the viewable area vertically, so I end up with approx 5/7th of the viewable area being used.

The manual says the following about 16:9 enhanced mode: "AUTO/ON will appear when the projection TV is in VIDEO mode 1-6. ON/OFF will appear when the projection TV is in VIDEO 5-6 and the 480p signal occurs. "

Would switching to an old Matrox G400 help, or am I just setting up my modelines incorrectly?

The TV supports 480p, 480i, and 1080i so I am attempting to get 540p working, altho at this point I am not holding my breath.

I have searched the forums, google, etc, and am coming up with nothing..

Any info that would help me not throw the whole thing out the window and onto the street below would be much appreciated.

- jeff

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.