AVS Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
75" Samsung Q80R QLED, Denon AVR3300, Revel F36, C25, W263, FV15HP x 2, ATV4K, Sony Blu Ray, Harmony
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hey all, this is my second post in the DIY forums, and I would like to get a better idea of the kind of output that a DIY project is capable of in a sealed design.  I am trying to figure out if it is something that will be worth my time over an ID option, as my time is extremely limited.  I like the idea of just buying a turnkey sub, but of course, if a lot more is to be had for similar money, value matters.

Would someone be so kind as to model a couple of different options for me?

1) An inexpensive driver like the Dayton 15" in a 3 cu. ft. sealed enclosure with appropriate power.

2) Dayton 18" in a 3 cu. ft sealed, curious to see home important enclosure size is.

2) An inexpensive driver like the Dayton 18" in a 4 cu. ft. sealed enclosure with appropriate power

3) A quality(not LMS Ultra level) driver such as the UXL-18, 4 cu. ft sealed, appropriate power.

If this is possible I would greatly appreciate it.  Again, I am trying to figure out what the difference is in performance level.  If it matters, it is also important for me to get something that matches relatively well with my existing sub, a PSA XS30.

Thanks very much.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts