AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I setup my replay 5040 to use the modem to dial out for updates and enable the ethernet port for a home network. I looked at the FAQ but did not see anything. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
As simple as (when it works) connecting the phone lines, making sure you have nightly connects, then connecting the two Replays via a crossover cat5 cable, or connecting them (or more than two) to a home LAN with standard (non-crossover) cables via a switch or router. If a router, which supplies dynamic IP addresses (DHCP), there have been some issues which have been promised to be addressed in the near future, but these do not affect the majority of installations. If a switch, there's usually no problems. You need not set anything up. Just plug them in, reboot (one at a time), wait a few minutes for the units to discover each other and enjoy. Following the directions in the manual would be a good start.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.