AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All of a sudden my Showstopper hs2000 won't connect for nightly updates.Will changing the modem speed fix this or is it possibly something else?

Thx in advance,

JHawk

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
It's quite possible it will workaround the problem you are seeing.

The tell-tale sign of something it definitely will be succesful on is the

Showstopper which stops connecting all of a sudden and will connect

again if you pull the power cord and do "net connect"

Even if this isn't doesn't match your problem, it could still help.

There's a chance your modem just died, and then obviously

lowering the speed won't help.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by JHawk
All of a sudden my Showstopper hs2000 won't connect for nightly updates.Will changing the modem speed fix this or is it possibly something else?

Thx in advance,

JHawk
Lowering the modem speed is beneficial when you can connect but the connection drops off before the entire download completes.

The recorder still has to setup to dial a working local number. It also must have the local prefix requirements met. I'm in the habit of selecting the entire 1xxxxxxxxxxx number just to be sure.

If you get the message "the number dialed did not answer" a reboot will correct that.

Do a manual connect 243 zones "net connect" and monitor what happens.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I have 2 replays, and both "all of the sudden" stopped connecting at night. Slowing them both down did fix the problem.

For a good indication of what to slow down to,

1. Connect with a computer that tells you how fast it connects. My computer says: "connected at 24,000 baud"

2. Take a few thousand baud off of that and set your replay to say 18,000 baud!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
THANKS FOR YOUR SUGGESTIONS. I FINALLY ABOUT GAVE UP AS I COULD GET NO CONNECTION. I DECIDED TO PLUG IN MY REGULAR PHONE LINE(HAD TO STRECH CORD ACROSS ROOM) AND DISCONNECT MY WIRELESS JACKS. WELL GUESS WHAT, IT WORKED. i'M NOW THINKING THE PROBLEM COULD BE WITH THOSE WIRELESS JACKS, ALTHOUGH THEY ARE ONLY A COUPLE MONTHS OLD.

ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM? WHAT JACKS ARE YOU USING?

THX AGAIN,

JHAWK

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.