AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
the others are only marginally better, wow if thats moderate than i wonder what crispy fried would look like................

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Hey at least they put in a picture. You can tell by reading the description they do not know anything about this beast.

"Contrast Ratio 20:1"

A lot of even the best sellers like Curt do not put in pictures of the tubes on EBAY, so more power to them for putting in a pic and let the buyer decide!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Ah, you beat me to it! I guess there is a race to find bs on ebay around here! On that note here is my 100!

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Here's a snap of my nec tubes. I would call this slight/moderate wear on green.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by mikejz84
Ah, you beat me to it! I guess there is a race to find bs on ebay around here! On that note here is my 100!

I am not so much looking for the BS as I am just shopping for my next projector!

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Hmmm.... well, at 500 bucks and 2 new tubes, it's still a decent buy..... Wonder how many hours it has on it. I am surprised actually, by how many NEC's are showing up on the market recently.

Marc

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Tinman
Hmmm.... well, at 500 bucks and 2 new tubes, it's still a decent buy..... Wonder how many hours it has on it. I am surprised actually, by how many NEC's are showing up on the market recently.

Marc
If you could get it for the 500 bucks, I would agree. Some poor sucker is probably going to come along and say "Wow! NEC 9PG!" and end up paying a LOT more for it.

Cheers

Andrew B.

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
They advertised it honestly..... VDC tubes are available. Darell must be busy to not re-tube it.

Though I'd think twice about spending $1500 on it. How much do the tubes cost for a Marquee?

Sure beats the "I know nothing about this" sellers, and no pictures. We all know who they are.....

Marc

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
1500 buckeroonies for toast city on what hammerhead is advertising i think not !scottl mentioned that even curt doesn,t post pics of the tubes on the machines that he has up for bid , i seriously doubt that curt would put his name and professionalism on the line by selling something that has been burnt beyond recognition with a straight face ...........

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Would the burn on that NEC 9PG green tube be indicative of poor raster size optimization?

Still Learning, Dragan

·
Registered
173 Posts
I am lucky winner of this 9pg with "Moderate" "wear" on green..... :)

.. and I did get it for $500.

Can anyone here tell me where I can get two new tubes for this PJ from...

I am new here and this is my first PJ but I know quite a bit about this monsters... Just never handled one before... thanks

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Welcome.

Try Doug Baisey for tubes.

BTW, where are you located, maybe someone can help you a bit.

Marc

·
Registered
173 Posts

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Try Doug Baisey for tubes.

BTW, where are you located, maybe someone can help you a bit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm in Charlottesville, Virginia. about an hour from richmond. Does anyone know someone out in this area, who could sell and might also help me with installing the tubes. by the way the pj is a 9pg extra

·
Registered
728 Posts
You can try Mark Parker he is in maryland he might be able to help you. find him on the forum. or email him at www.MPa6641228.aol.com i believe thats his email. he is going to be installing the green tube in my 9500LC this week.

hope this helps

Carlos

·
Registered
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by penticton102
1500 buckeroonies for toast city on what hammerhead is advertising i think not !scottl mentioned that even curt doesn,t post pics of the tubes on the machines that he has up for bid , i seriously doubt that curt would put his name and professionalism on the line by selling something that has been burnt beyond recognition with a straight face ...........
They sure are toast aren't they? The reason we listed these projectors like they are is because we just don't have time to replace CRTs in everything we buy, typically we would sell an 8500 with three VDC tubes in it for $3,500 so if someone wants to buy a projector like this and install the CRTs himself he would save $500.

Plus the fact that we are moving to a newer, larger facility and are trying to get rid of as much inventory as possible before we go.

Dotun - we have new Green CRTs for the 9pg & 9pg Plus in stock.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi Darrel,

I emailed you a couple of times about NEC XG crts especially green nonLC can you PM me a price

thanks loads

Yes and I think those crts are beyond toast and heading for chocolate POP-TART classification(LOL!)

Mark Fry

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.