AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gary Goodrum and Mark Rubin resumed Moderator duties effective immediately- we are HAPPY to be BACK!

we accept the rules of the Forum, and are obligated to enforce them; we can all help by handling any problems in a friendly, helpful way- not everyone will be aware of Forum rules-

this remains the best technical forum for Plasma and LCD Flat Panel Displays- and is part of AVS Forum which has over 65,000 members- its success speaks for itself and I can't imagine changing it

Gary and Mark:)

·
Registered
780 Posts
Welcome back to you both.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
I am weepy, missing Scott G. already...

j/k...

Mark

·
Premium Member
3,003 Posts
All right!!! Welcome back!

In Scott's defense, he was in kind of a bad position, as he was instructed to enforce something a lot of people here didn't/don't agree with, plus he didn't know us and we didn't know him, and he has a very direct way of doing things. And we *can* be pretty hard on people as a group. I do hope he sticks around still as a 'civilian' poster on this board.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by deeann
In Scott's defense, he was in kind of a bad position, as he was instructed to enforce something a lot of people here didn't/don't agree with, plus he didn't know us and we didn't know him, and he has a very direct way of doing things. And we *can* be pretty hard on people as a group. I do hope he sticks around still as a 'civilian' poster on this board.
Thanks deeann... you pretty much described the position I was in to a T. I'm actually a pussycat in person--but I appreciate the feedback.

Good luck, mods!

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Ross
It looks like Mark & Gary were successful in holding out for the pay raise. Congrats guys!
The heck with the pay raise.....How 'bout that few weeks on - couple months off work schedule?:D

Thanks Scott....

Welcome back Mark & Gary.

·
Super Moderator
21,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Scott

I appreciate your help-

I realize you got put into a no win situation- one that we did not wish to face- for that I apologize and Thank you

Ken- you are right- under terms of our new contract-we were able to double our AVS take home pay!

Mark

·
Registered
242 Posts
Man am I glad you guys are back! You see I just got my JVC DH3000U D-VCR and my Bravo D1 will be here on Wednesday, but I really like the look s of that new Samsung DVD HD1000, and then of course the Aurora A303-HDCP will be out next week, which I need too but, but then again I may just upgrade my Samsung SIR-T151 to a SIR-T165 ... Oh wait did I mention I have a Pioneer 433CMX?

Get to work guys, tell me how to hook all this stuff up!

Welcome back!

-Skip

·
Registered
118 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Skipm
Man am I glad you guys are back! You see I just got my JVC DH3000U D-VCR and my Bravo D1 will be here on Wednesday, but I really like the look s of that new Samsung DVD HD1000, and then of course the Aurora A303-HDCP will be out next week, which I need too but, but then again I may just upgrade my Samsung SIR-T151 to a SIR-T165 ... Oh wait did I mention I have a Pioneer 433CMX?

Get to work guys, tell me how to hook all this stuff up!

Welcome back!

-Skip
Wow! What'd ya pay for it all and where'd ya get it? hehehe :)

Welcome back, guys.

BTW- Who is RobbieSimm really?

BBTW- Do hang around Scott (AKA Hatchet Man) You're not such a bad bloke, after all!

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
We would've been back sooner but Mark was holding out for shorter hours and I wanted 15% more than Scott was getting. :D

Skip --

Did you do a search first?? Check the FAQ?? :D:D

-- Gary

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Scott, I really was kidding. You did a fine job, especially from such a bad starting position (not of your own making). I really only meant my post as harmless razzing.

Cheers,

Mark

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by GGoodrum
We would've been back sooner but Mark was holding out for shorter hours and I wanted 15% more than Scott was getting. :D
Gary computes his raise:

"Hmm, where's my calculator? Ah yes, let's see... 115% of zero equals... what the???"

D'OH!

;)

·
Registered
891 Posts
You can fess up Gary...You just came back for the fringe benefits!:D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.